It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Ellen MacCannell for Harris Campbell, Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Dean Lackie for Matt Kelly, Janet MacDougall for Jennifer Victor (am), Darrell Bradley for Bethany MacLeod
Happy Birthday to Chris Benoit.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Live in the present moment! The essence of mindfulness is to bring awareness to everything you do in life. It is in the here and now that you live, and if you are not present for the day-to-day, think of all you might be missing.
- All Band students are reminded to be at school this evening at 6:15pm.
- Any students or staff with photos of school clubs or athletics are asked to please email them to Ms. Nabuurs at firstname.lastname@example.org (by Friday of this week) for inclusion in the awards banquet slide show.
- The following students are asked to see Mrs. Killeen in the Library ASAP: Brett Hicken, Chloe Chapman, Dalton Kemp, Lukas O’Connor, Kyle G Murphy.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- All Grade 12 students must pay Student Fees before purchasing a ticket for and attending Prom.
- Money for Footloose DVD’s is required ASAP. Please give it to Mrs. Power in Learning Centre B.
- Prom Committee is recruiting Grade 10 and 11 students to help out in Prom preparations and decoration the day of Prom. Grade 10 and 11 students have an opportunity to pay it forward and earn Viking Pin points for their graduating year. Students are invited to come to the next Prom Committee meeting to find out more information and to sign up! Graduates and Prom Committee members thank you in advance!
- Nabuurs is looking for two students who are interested in acting as MCs at the MRHS Awards Banquet on Tuesday, June 9. Interested students please see Ms. Nabuurs by Thursday of this week.
- Come out to MRHS’ Annual Fill the Hill Rugby game against Westile here at Montague High! (Wednesday or Thursday of this week; stay tuned to announcements for more information.) There will be a BBQ on site with hot dogs for $1 and water for $1. Plan to come out to support Montague Vikings and to fill the hill!
- Athletes who owe money ($24) for their rugby or softball hoodies should pay in the PE office at noon.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm – Sign-up and ticket sales will take place from May 25 to 29 at noon in the ticket booth. Athletes have already paid for their tickets (included in the athletic fee) but MUST SIGN UP IN ORDER TO ATTEND. Cost for all other students is $5. Parents can purchase tickets through the school for $10. Deadline to sign-up/purchase tickets is Friday, May 29. Dress is business casual.
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Donavan Bears, Kirsten Whiteway, Daniel Martell, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- The following students owe rugby fees ($30): Denver Bastedo, Lucas Cann, Liam Thompson, Cole Jenkins, Alisha MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Chapman, Tionna Gordon, Morganne Rice, Sarah Christensen, Emily Fraser, Kaytlin Chandler, Michelle MacLennan, Isaac Arbuckle, Jesse Campbell.
- The following students owe softball fees ($30): Dean Hicken, Cameron Gillis, Riley Lavandier, Cody Fitzpatrick, Deanna Morris, Taylor Ferguson, Ashley Johnson, Rebekah Conohan, Katelyn Patton, Danielle Collings.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Prom Committee meeting is rescheduled to Wednesday, May 27, at 11:45am. In Room 85.
- Relay for Life forms and money ($15) are to be passed in by the end of the day Wednesday. Give these forms and money to either Chloe Jardine or Emma Collings. Thank you.
- Student Loan Information meeting this Wednesday, May 27, at 6:30pm for parents and grads. Graduation information will also be provided.
- Last STRIVE meeting will be May 28 at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. Please attend and take your journals with you.
- News Flash!! Culinary “Home Cooked Classic” on May 28 (Note change of date): A crunchy California salad topped off with candied almonds and juicy mandarin oranges, served with a fluffy biscuit and a creamy four-cheese pasta made with chioccole noodles that trap the four cheese sauce inside. For the main dish, a flavour packed meatloaf and for dessert a wonderful sweet and tangy lemon tart accompanied by a refreshing carrot-apple juice.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Community Consultations on Cyberviolence: The CONNECT project is working with community partners and stakeholders to gain a better understanding of cyberviolence on PEI to determine the best ways to address it. To help with this process, the public is invited to come out to a Community Consultation. Discussions and feedback on this topic is very important to the success of this initiative. Anyone that wants to participate is invited out on Tuesday, May 26, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm. Meeting will be held in the Library Conference Room. This is a project of the East Prince Women’s Information Centre and funded by Status of Women Canada.
- Come try Softball on Wednesday, May 27, at the Montague Regional High School gym. Ages 6 to 8 are invited between 5:30 and 6:30, and ages 9 to 12 between 6:30 and 7:30. This program is free of charge and is for boys and girls aged 6 to 12. Gloves and necessary equipment will be provided. All you need is indoor sneakers, a positive attitude and a smile! For more information, contact Jody Kinney at email@example.com or call 902-218-9079.
- Relay for Life organizers are looking for volunteers to help out at this year’s event scheduled for Friday, June 5, at the Old Brudenell Campgrounds from 6:00 pm to 12:00 midnight. Students are reminded that the time volunteering at this event can be put towards your bursary submissions. Parents and/or teachers are welcome to volunteer as well! If you have any questions, please call Paul Aitken at (902) 313-0899.
- The Northumberland Fisheries Festival will be taking place July 23-26, 2015! Join us for our parade on July 23, and contact us and take part in one of our events! The Youth Showcase Concert is looking for kids who like to show off their talents, the Miss. Northumberland Pageant is looking for girls ages 14-18 to take part, and we are accepting individual and team registrations for our Ball Hockey Tournament for all minor hockey ages! Lots of activities for the whole family! Call Katelyn at 902-962-3327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!