It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Amy Beck and Mary Ellen Campbell, Dean Lackie for Chantelle Beaton, Hailey Butler for Sandra Hicken, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Nicole Butler for Matthew Killeen, Crystal Squires for Kelly Matheson.
Happy Birthday to Dylan Higginbotham, C.J. Young.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Wake Up Your Playful Side! Enjoy your humorous side! Look at the comics! Pull out your stress toys! Look for the funny and keep life in perspective.
- Student Services is closed today. Any students who require assistance should check at the main office.
- Students are reminded that all missing items must be paid for or returned in order to receive final end of year reports. Home room teachers have been provided with listings of students with missing items. Payments may be made at the main office.
- The following students are asked to please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library ASAP: Brett Hicken, Chloe Chapman, Bailey Jackson, Dalton Kemp, Isaac Power, Lukas O’Connor, Kyle G Murphy.
- Graduating students are reminded that student fees must be paid in order to purchase a ticket for and attend prom. Thanks.
- The following students need to see Ms. Nabuurs this morning: Matt Quinn, Donavan Bears, Cameron Pollard, Patrick Walsh.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Emily Brothers. Emily pitched a strong game in the team’s win over Morell last week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Brett Hicken. Brett pitched in the team’s win over Morell last week and was also strong at bat and a leader on the team.
- Athletes who owe money ($24) for their rugby or softball hoodies should pay today in the PE office at noon.
- MRHS Awards Banquet – Tuesday, June 9, at 5:30 pm – Sign-up and ticket sales will take place from May 25 to 29 at noon in the ticket booth. Athletes have already paid for their tickets (included in the athletic fee) but MUST SIGN UP IN ORDER TO ATTEND. Cost for all other students is $5. Parents can purchase tickets through the school for $10. Deadline to sign-up/purchase tickets is Friday, May 29. Dress is business casual.
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Milo Ryan, Braden Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Sarah MacVarish, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Donavan Bears, Daniel Martell, Riley Lavandier, Colin MacIntyre, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Relay for Life: There is a Cake Auction this Friday to support Relay for Life.
- Student Loan Information meeting next Wednesday, May 27, at 6:30pm for parents and grads. Graduation information will also be provided.
- Last STRIVE meeting will be May 28 at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. Please attend and take your journals with you.
- This week (May 22) Culinary is having a “Summer Cookout”: A steaming hot Italian wedding soup filled with spinach and sausage with a buttery golden bread stick sprinkled with parmesan. A side of cold homemade pasta with a sweet honey chicken and veggie shish-kabob. For dessert, an apple pie crumble turnover sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Wash it all down with a cooling citrus sweet tea filled with flavour.
- Culinary “Home Cooked Classic” on May 29: A crunchy California salad topped off with candied almonds and juicy mandarin oranges, served with a fluffy biscuit and a creamy four-cheese pasta made with chioccole noodles that trap the four cheese sauce inside. For the main dish, a flavour packed meatloaf and for dessert a wonderful sweet and tangy lemon tart accompanied by a refreshing carrot-apple juice.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come try softball on Wednesday, May 27, at the Montague Regional High School gym. Ages 6 to 8 are invited between 5:30 and 6:30, and ages 9 to 12 between 6:30 and 7:30. This program is free of charge and is for boys and girls aged 6 to 12. Gloves and necessary equipment will be provided. All you need is indoor sneakers, a positive attitude and a smile! For more information, contact Jody Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-218-9079.
- Relay for Life organizers are looking for volunteers to help out at this year’s event scheduled for Friday, June 5, at the Old Brudenell Campgrounds from 6:00 pm to 12:00 midnight. Students are reminded that the time volunteering at this event can be put towards your bursary submissions. Parents and/or teachers are welcome to volunteer as well! If you have any questions, please call Paul Aitken at (902) 313-0899.