It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Dean Lackie for Chantelle Beaton (am), Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Isis Fluegge for Lianne Garland
Happy Belated Birthday to Nate VanIderstine and Chloe Jardine who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Wake Up Your Playful Side! Enjoy your humourous side! Look at the comics! Pull out your stress toys! Look for the funny and keep life in perspective.
- Patrick Walsh is asked to please see Mrs. Killeen ASAP.
- Any Choir members interested in the costumes, program, and decorations for the choir spring concert must meet in Learning Centre B at 11:42 today. Bring your lunch.
- Athletes who owe money ($24) for their rugby or softball hoodies should pay today in the PE office at noon.
- Rugby team bus will depart for Bluefield at 3:30 pm today.
- Softball team bus will depart for Souris from the Wellness Centre parking lot at 3:15 pm today.
- The Senior Men’s Softball team plays Souris tonight at 6pm in Souris. They will play Bluefield tomorrow at 5:30 in Montague.
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Milo Ryan, Braden Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Sarah MacVarish, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Donavan Bears, Daniel Martell, Riley Lavandier, Colin MacIntyre, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- All Footloose cast and crew members are reminded that they must attend the Footloose wrap up on Wednesday after school from 3:30 to 5:00. EVERYONE MUST BE THERE!
- This week (May 22) Culinary is having a “Summer Cookout”: A steaming hot Italian wedding soup filled with spinach and sausage with a buttery golden bread stick sprinkled with parmesan. A side of cold homemade pasta with a sweet honey chicken and veggie shish-kabob. For dessert, an apple pie crumble turnover sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Wash it all down with a cooling citrus sweet tea filled with flavour.
- Culinary “Home Cooked Classic” on May 29: A crunchy California salad topped off with candied almonds and juicy mandarin oranges, served with a fluffy biscuit and a creamy four-cheese pasta made with chioccole noodles that trap the four cheese sauce inside. For the main dish, a flavour packed meatloaf and for dessert a wonderful sweet and tangy lemon tart accompanied by a refreshing carrot-apple juice.
- Jazz Band resumes this Wednesday after school.
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come try softball on Wednesday, May 27, at the Montague Regional High School gym. Ages 6 to 8 are invited between 5:30 and 6:30, and ages 9 to 12 between 6:30 and 7:30. This program is free of charge and is for boys and girls aged 6 to 12. Gloves and necessary equipment will be provided. All you need is indoor sneakers, a positive attitude and a smile! For more information, contact Jody Kinney at email@example.com or call 902-218-9079.