It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell for Jillian Power, Michael Hambly for Chantelle Beaton (am), Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Ellen MacCannell, Brian Crane for Gail Greene (am) and Pauline Kelly (pm).
Happy Birthday to Ali White.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Rejuvenate! Get your 8 hours of sleep. Take time to relax. When your life is speeding up, you need to actively take the time to slow it down.
- The Library will be closed today due to French DELF exams being written in the library. This is the last day for the exam. Study Block students will use room 85 during A, C & D and reading period. During C, they will go to Room 116. During lunch hour, Room 85 will be supervised for those requiring a quiet place to study only. Those requiring computers should visit the learning centre during break and lunch. Thanks for cooperation from staff and students!
- Grads are reminded that this is the last day to submit Viking Pin applications.
- Grads interested in being this year’s valedictorian are reminded that this is the last day to submit your name to Ms. McInnis, Mr. Killeen, or Mr. MacDonald.
- Fly Tyers will meet today during lunch break in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Rotary District 7820 Scholarship is due today. The scholarship is valued at $5000.00. The application form is found online at http://rotary7820.com
- All Holland College scholarship applications are due today. Please submit your application form to the Registrar’s Office at Holland College or to Mrs. Kenny.
- Culinary “Brunch for Lunch” is being served today!
- The Rugby teams will depart at 9:30 am today. All rugby players should go to homeroom and wait to be called out of class.
- Good luck to the Triathlon team who are competing in the Triton Triathlon on Monday!
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Milo Ryan, Braden Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Sarah MacVarish, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Donavan Bears, Daniel Martell, Riley Lavandier, Colin MacIntyre, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Sprint, Hurdles, and Relay Track and Field Clinic with Colin MacAdam and Kurt McCormack on Saturday May 16, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at UPEI. No charge for athletes or coaches!
- Culinary “Summer Cookout” on May 22: A steaming hot Italian wedding soup filled with spinach and sausage with a buttery golden bread stick sprinkled with parmesan. A side of cold homemade pasta with a sweet honey chicken and veggie shish-kabob. For dessert, an apple pie crumble turnover sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Wash it all down with a cooling citrus sweet tea filled with flavour.
- Culinary “Home Cooked Classic” on May 29: A crunchy California salad topped off with candied almonds and juicy mandarin oranges, served with a fluffy biscuit and a creamy four-cheese pasta made with chioccole noodles that trap the four cheese sauce inside. For the main dish, a flavour packed meatloaf and for dessert a wonderful sweet and tangy lemon tart accompanied by a refreshing carrot-apple juice.
- Jazz Band will resume next Wednesday after school.
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come try softball on Wednesday, May 27, at the Montague Regional High School gym. Ages 6 to 8 are invited between 5:30 and 6:30, and ages 9 to 12 between 6:30 and 7:30. This program is free of charge and is for boys and girls aged 6 to 12. Gloves and necessary equipment will be provided. All you need is indoor sneakers, a positive attitude and a smile! For more information, contact Jody Kinney at email@example.com or call 902-218-9079.