It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Marissa VanWiechen for Kristina McLane, Michael Hambly for Jillian Power, Ellen MacCannell for Ronnie Munn, Darrell Bradley for Karen Malone, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Happy Birthday to Drew Christensen, Amanda Gormley, Bradford Guignard.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Rejuvenate! Get your 8 hours of sleep. Take time to relax. When your life is speeding up, you need to actively take the time to slow it down.
- The following people please see Mrs. Hicken ASAP: Kailee Casario, Rachel Buell, Sierra MacDonald, Noah Perry, Maria Tarenta, Jasmine Knight, and Emily Sibbick.
- The Library is open all day today.
- Brad Guignard, Joseph Richards, and Ryan Holland, please see Mrs. Killeen before first break today.
- Sport PEI Scholarship is due today. The scholarship is valued at $1000.00. Please see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor in Student Services for an application form.
- Today’s home games: Women’s Softball vs Morell at 5:15 pm and Men’s Softball vs Morell at 5:15 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- The following students owe badminton athletic fees ($10): Milo Ryan, Braden Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Sarah MacVarish, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Donavan Bears, Daniel Martell, Riley Lavandier, Colin MacIntyre, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken. Please pay Ms. Nabuurs or the main office ASAP.
- Track and field practice for all athletes today after school. All athletes MUST attend at least one practice this week in order to be selected to the team.
- Wrestling: No practices this week.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Fly Tyers will meet tomorrow (Friday) during lunch break in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Rotary District 7820 Scholarship is due May 15. The scholarship is valued at $5000.00. The application form is found online at http://rotary7820.com
- All Holland College scholarship applications are due Friday, May 15. Please submit your application form to the Registrar’s Office at Holland College or to Mrs. Kenny.
- Starting on May 15, there will be the opportunity for groups of three students to participate in live performance painting from noon to 1:00 pm at the waterfront. Three students will be given a wooden door to paint within a one-hour time-frame. This will happen every Friday until October with a different group of three painting. In October, the art will be auctioned off for charity. Please give your names to Mr. Henderson or Ms. Evans-Renaud if you are interested.
- Sprint, Hurdles, and Relay Track and Field Clinic with Colin MacAdam and Kurt McCormack on Saturday May 16, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at UPEI. No charge for athletes or coaches!
- Grads, if you are interested in being this year’s valedictorian, submit your name to Ms. McInnis, Mr. Killeen, or Mr. MacDonald by Friday, May 15. You will be given a topic for a short (2-3 minute) speech which you will deliver in front of your graduating class during an assembly on May 20. After that assembly, the class will vote on the candidate that they think will best represent them at graduation.
- Culinary “Brunch for Lunch” on May 15: Start your meal off with a light refreshing fruit salad with a smooth creamy dip. Then enjoy a light flaky quiche packed with cheese, spinach and bacon, served with a side of crispy hash-browns made from PEI potatoes. For dessert, sweet cinnamon French toast fingers drizzled with Canadian maple syrup. Wash all this down with freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Culinary “Summer Cookout” on May 22: A steaming hot Italian wedding soup filled with spinach and sausage with a buttery golden bread stick sprinkled with parmesan. A side of cold homemade pasta with a sweet honey chicken and veggie shish-kabob. For dessert, an apple pie crumble turnover sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Wash it all down with a cooling citrus sweet tea filled with flavour.
- Culinary “Home Cooked Classic” on May 29: A crunchy California salad topped off with candied almonds and juicy mandarin oranges, served with a fluffy biscuit and a creamy four-cheese pasta made with chioccole noodles that trap the four cheese sauce inside. For the main dish, a flavour packed meatloaf and for dessert a wonderful sweet and tangy lemon tart accompanied by a refreshing carrot-apple juice.
- Jazz Band will resume next Wednesday after school.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute!
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come try softball on Wednesday, May 27, at the Montague Regional High School gym. Ages 6 to 8 are invited between 5:30 and 6:30, and ages 9 to 12 between 6:30 and 7:30. This program is free of charge and is for boys and girls aged 6 to 12. Gloves and necessary equipment will be provided. All you need is indoor sneakers, a positive attitude and a smile! For more information, contact Jody Kinney at email@example.com or call 902-218-9079.
- go!PEI is challenging all Islanders to go!Walk a Lot. The 8-week challenge begins Friday, May 15. Sign up a team or participate as an individual for the chance to win great prizes including a $500 Sporting Intentions gift card plus receive FREE entry to participate in PEI Marathon 5 and 10k walking categories. Each participant will receive a water bottle! Sign up by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org