It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Krista Boudreault for Jennifer Victor, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Hailey Butler for Angela Killeen, Neil Toombs for Matthew Killeen.
Happy Birthday to Victoria Hawkins and Matthew Lannigan. Belated greetings to Spencer Arsenault, Evan MacDonald and Isaac Arbuckle who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Rejuvenate! Get your 8 hours of sleep. Take time to relax. When your life is speeding up, you need to actively take the time to slow it down.
- Members of the Prom Fund-Raising Committee are asked to please meet in Learning Centre B at the beginning of lunch today.
- Breakfast Club (nothing toasted) will be set up in the main lobby again on Tuesday.
- All participants for CSLC 2015 are to see Ms Beaton for a registration form ASAP.
Alternate Library Arrangements:
- The library will be closed this week due to French DELF exams being written in the library.
- During Reading Period, Lunch Break, A, C and D Blocks, Room 85 is designated for Study Block use. Room 116 will be available during B Block.
- Those requiring computers should visit the learning centre during break and lunch.
- The library will still be open before and after school.
- There is a short meeting in Mr. Kelly’s room (226) for the Senior Men’s Softball team at afternoon break today.
- All Rugby and Softball players MUST have their consent forms and fees submitted before their first game (Rugby – Wednesday, Softball – Thursday). Forms and fees will be collected in the PE office each day at noon. Athletes who will not have their fee in before the first game must see Ms. Nabuurs or Mr. Connaughton today.
- Women’s Softball Practice on Tuesday from 3:30-5:00. Games scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.
- Track and field practice for throwing and high jump practice will resume this week.
- Wrestling: No practices this week.
- Rugby shorts ($30) and mouth guards ($5) are on sale in the PE office every day at noon.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Jazz Band will resume next Wednesday after school.
- PEI Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11 (today). For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- Prom Committee will have a meeting on Wednesday during lunch break in Room 84. Bring decoration ideas!
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the Sports PEI Scholarship deadline is May 14, 2015. Applications are in Student Services or online.
- Starting on May 15, there will be the opportunity for groups of three students to participate in live performance painting from noon to 1:00 pm at the waterfront. Three students will be given a wooden door to paint within a one-hour time-frame. This will happen every Friday until October with a different group of three painting. In October, the art will be auctioned off for charity. Please give your names to Mr. Henderson or Ms. Evans-Renaud if you are interested.
- Grads, if you are interested in being this year’s valedictorian, submit your name to Ms. McInnis, Mr. Killeen, or Mr. MacDonald by Friday, May 15. You will be given a topic for a short (2-3 minute) speech which you will deliver in front of your graduating class during an assembly on May 20. After that assembly, the class will vote on the candidate that they think will best represent them at graduation.
- Culinary “Brunch for Lunch” on May 15: Start your meal off with a light refreshing fruit salad with a smooth creamy dip. Then enjoy a light flaky quiche packed with cheese, spinach and bacon, served with a side of crispy hash-browns made from PEI potatoes. For dessert, sweet cinnamon French toast fingers drizzled with Canadian maple syrup. Wash all this down with freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Culinary “Summer Cookout” on May 22: A steaming hot Italian wedding soup filled with spinach and sausage with a buttery golden bread stick sprinkled with parmesan. A side of cold homemade pasta with a sweet honey chicken and veggie shish-kabob. For dessert, an apple pie crumble turnover sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Wash it all down with a cooling citrus sweet tea filled with flavour.
- Culinary “Home Cooked Classic” on May 29: A crunchy California salad topped off with candied almonds and juicy mandarin oranges, served with a fluffy biscuit and a creamy four-cheese pasta made with chioccole noodles that trap the four cheese sauce inside. For the main dish, a flavour packed meatloaf and for dessert a wonderful sweet and tangy lemon tart accompanied by a refreshing carrot-apple juice.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Come try softball on Wednesday, May 27, at the Montague Regional High School gym. Ages 6 to 8 are invited between 5:30 and 6:30, and ages 9 to 12 between 6:30 and 7:30. This program is free of charge and is for boys and girls aged 6 to 12. Gloves and necessary equipment will be provided. All you need is indoor sneakers, a positive attitude and a smile! For more information, contact Jody Kinney at email@example.com or call 902-218-9079.