It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Carl Evans, Michael Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Ellen MacCannell, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Sarah Mutch for Ronald Munn.
Happy Birthday to Lindsay Birt.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Think of others and say thank you! Support. Talk. Socialize. Ask for help. Build a team. Social support is a great buffer to the never-ending changes that we face in life.
- Those students who missed Mr. Trainor’s Biology 621 test yesterday will write today at11:44 am in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- There will be Culinary meals left today, so visit Room 136 at lunch break to pay for and pick up your meal. Italian theme: Creamy chicken alfredo with bacon bits served with bruschetta and Italian salad tossed with basil tarragon vinegar dressing. For a dessert, refreshing fruit kabobs and cranberry juice and 7-up garnished with frozen green grapes.
Alternate Library Arrangements:
- The library will be closed next week due to French DELF exams being written in the library.
- During Reading Period, Lunch Break, A, C and D Blocks, Room 85 is designated for Study Block use. Room 116 will be available during B Block.
- Those requiring computers should visit the learning centre during break and lunch.
- The library will still be open before and after school.
- Meeting for Senior Men’s Softball in Mr. Kelly’s room (226) at 11:45 today. Attendance is mandatory!
- Jokgu Today: Suns Out Guns Out vs Maria Ferguson’s team, The Teachers vs Swaggy Socks.
- Track and field practice for throwing and high jump practice will resume next week.
- Wrestling: No practices for the remainder of the week or next week.
- Rugby and Softball forms and fees ($30 or $35 if it’s your first sport of the year) are being collected in the PE office every day at noon. These items should be submitted ASAP. Athletes will not play in a game until these are submitted.
- Rugby shorts ($30) and mouth guards ($5) are on sale in the PE office every day at noon.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5; check at the main office. Please purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is today, May 8, 2015.
- PEI Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- Starting on May 15, there will be the opportunity for groups of three students to participate in live performance painting from noon to 1:00 pm at the waterfront. Three students will be given a wooden door to paint within a one-hour time-frame. This will happen every Friday until October with a different group of three painting. In October, the art will be auctioned off for charity. Please give your names to Mr. Henderson or Ms. Evans-Renaud if you are interested.
- Additional upcoming Culinary meal dates are Friday, May 15, 22, and 29. Stay tuned for the menus!
- Grads, if you are interested in being this year’s valedictorian, submit your name to Ms. McInnis, Mr. Killeen, or Mr. MacDonald by Friday, May 15. You will be given a topic for a short (2-3 minute) speech which you will deliver in front of your graduating class during an assembly on May 20. After that assembly, the class will vote on the candidate that they think will best represent them at graduation.
- Culinary “Brunch for Lunch” on May 15: Start your meal off with a light refreshing fruit salad with a smooth creamy dip. Then enjoy a light flaky quiche packed with cheese, spinach and bacon, served with a side of crispy hash-browns made from PEI potatoes. For dessert, sweet cinnamon French toast fingers drizzled with Canadian maple syrup. Wash all this down with freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Culinary Meal for Friday, May 29: Italian wedding soup filled with spinach and sausage complemented by a warm, buttery garlic parmesan braided breadstick. Enjoy a honey chicken and veggie shish-kabob served with a cold pasta salad. For dessert, finish with an apple pie crumble turnover loaded with apples and cinnamon sugar, with a chilled citrus sweet tea on the side.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.