It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Ellen MacCannell for Ronnie Munn, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Kirsten Walker for Rod MacDonald, Adam Clow for Jonathan Hayes.
Happy Birthday to Darius Gardiner!
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Make your mental health matter! Maintain balance in your life. Design the life that you want to live by knowing what your priorities and goals are.
- Those students who need to complete Mr. Trainor’s sea star lab should go to Room 131 today at 12:00 noon.
- There will be a Relay for Life meeting at 12 noon today in Room 85. All students are welcome and you can pick up forms there if you haven’t already.
- Students are asked to check their lockers for anything that might be giving off a bad odor. We’ve had some complaints about “stinky lockers”, so students are asked to check lockers before the weekend.
- Any grads who owe student fees are reminded to pay ASAP. These fees MUST be paid before attending the prom.
- There is a Grad Activity Committee meeting on Thursday at noon in Room 119.
- Students are reminded that SEVEC applications are due on Thursday, April 30. Please submit your application to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn.
- MRHS’s Young Blood for Life Club is hosting a What’s Your Type clinic in the lobby on Tuesday, May 5, from 11:30 to 12:30. This is an opportunity for students and staff to find their blood type. For students under 17 years of age, a permission form is available from Mr. Charlie Trainor in Room 131. For more information, please contact Mr. Charlie Trainor.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application this Friday, May 1, 2015.
- Holland College will be here Monday May, 4, at 11:45 in Library Conference Room to assist/answer questions for students who are attending Holland College in the fall and applying for scholarships.
- Credit Union Scholarship applications are due May 7. For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.provincialcu.com/Home/InOurCommunity/Scholarships/ScholarshipApp/
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- E.I. Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- Men’s Rugby practice today after school.
- The Phys Ed Department will be running a Jokgu intramural session, starting next Monday. If you would like to play, get a team of five together and sign up with Mr. Roberts in the gym at lunch. Sign-ups go until Thursday, with first games on Monday.
- Rugby and Softball forms and fees ($30 or $35 if it’s your first sport of the year) are being collected in the PE office every day at noon. These items should be submitted ASAP. Athletes will not play in a game until these are submitted.
- Rugby shorts ($30) and mouth guards ($5) are on sale in the PE office every day at noon.
- Rugby and softball hoodies are being ordered on Thursday, April 30. All athletes must sign up before this date. Cost is $24, payable in the PE office at noon. Pay ASAP to get your hoodie when they arrive!
- The following badminton players owe their athletic fee ($10): Donavan Bears, Milo Ryan, Braden Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Sarah McVarish, Daniel Martell, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Colin MacIntyre, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken.
- Track and Field team sign-up in the Phys. Ed. hallway. All interested athletes must sign up by this Friday!
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5 in the ticket booth in the mornings. Please go purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- “Treble With Girls” Mother’s Day Concert – Saturday, May 9, at 8:00 pm at Murray Harbour Community Centre. Treat Mom to an evening of music and fun! All ages are welcome; admission is $10. There will be a 50/50 draw and light refreshments served at this fundraiser for the Community Centre.
- The Miss Montague Pageant will take place during Montage Summer Days from June 28 to July 5. Applicants must be between the ages of 13 and 18, and the deadline for entries is June 19. Application forms are available in the main office here at the school.