It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Dean Lackie for Carl Evans, Ellen MacCannell for Charlie Trainor, Kathy Campbell for Peter Connaughton, Adam Clow for Matthew Killeen, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod (pm).
Happy Birthday to Justin MacKay.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Make your mental health matter! Maintain balance in your life. Design the life that you want to live by knowing what your priorities and goals are.
- There will be a meeting today at 11:45 in Room 84 for the Prom Decorating Committee and the Photography Committee.
- Student Loan Program information session is scheduled for today at 11:30 in the Library Conference Room. Students MUST sign up in Student Services prior to the session.
- Grade Twelve Students: You have one more opportunity to order grad clothing. Please see Mr. MacDonald or Mr. Killeen at lunch today to place your order.
- Any grads who owe student fees are reminded to pay ASAP. These fees MUST be paid before attending the prom.
- There is a Grad Activity Committee meeting on Thursday at noon in Room 119.
- Students are reminded that SEVEC applications are due on Thursday, April 30. Please submit your application to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- Holland College will be here Monday May, 4, at 11:45 in Library Conference Room to assist/answer questions for students who are attending Holland College in the fall and applying for scholarships.
- Credit Union Scholarship applications are due May 7. For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.provincialcu.com/Home/InOurCommunity/Scholarships/ScholarshipApp/
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- E.I. Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- Anyone who plans to go in the High School Triathlon must register in Ms. Evans-Renaud’s office today!
- Men’s and Women’s Softball will have practice today from 3:30 to 5:00. This will be the only training session this week so it is very important for all players to be there. Please see Ms. Victor, Ms. Trainor or Mr. Kelly if there is a problem.
- The Phys Ed Department will be running a Jokgu intramural session, starting next Monday. If you would like to play, get a team of five together and sign up with Mr. Roberts in the gym at lunch. Sign-ups go until Thursday, with first games on Monday.
- Rugby and Softball forms and fees ($30 or $35 if it’s your first sport of the year) are being collected in the PE office every day at noon. These items should be submitted ASAP. Athletes will not play in a game until these are submitted.
- Rugby shorts ($30) and mouth guards ($5) are on sale in the PE office every day at noon.
- Rugby and softball hoodies are being ordered on Thursday, April 30. All athletes must sign up before this date. Cost is $24, payable in the PE office at noon. Pay ASAP to get your hoodie when they arrive!
- The following badminton players owe their athletic fee ($10): Donavan Bears, Milo Ryan, Braden Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Sarah McVarish, Daniel Martell, Jake Banks, Mark Morrison, Riley Lavandier, Colin MacIntyre, Dean Hicken, Jesse Campbell, Nolan Hicken.
- Track and Field team sign-up in the Phys. Ed. hallway. All interested athletes must sign up by this Friday!
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5 in the ticket booth in the mornings. Please go purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- “Treble With Girls” Mother’s Day Concert – Saturday, May 9, at 8:00 pm at Murray Harbour Community Centre. Treat Mom to an evening of music and fun! All ages are welcome; admission is $10. There will be a 50/50 draw and light refreshments served at this fundraiser for the Community Centre.