It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Christie Beck, Dean Lackie for Matt Kelly, Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly, Pat Hewitt for Jared Cheverie, Ellen MacCannell Theresa O’Brien for Gail Greene, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike.
Happy Birthday to Dyllin Bernard and Pasha Jorden.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Make your mental health matter! Maintain balance in your life. Design the life that you want to live by knowing what your priorities and goals are.
- Short Prom meeting for decorating committee only in Learning Centre B at 11:45 today!
- Wits and Words Poetry Slam rehearsal today at lunch in Mr. Lea’s room.
- Students chosen to write the PISA test are reminded that it takes place tomorrow starting at 8:45 in Room 100 or 221. You should check your information booklet to confirm which room you write in.
- Grade Twelve Students: You have one more opportunity to order grad clothing. Please see Mr. MacDonald or Mr. Killeen at lunch today or tomorrow only to place your order.
- Any grads who owe student fees are reminded to pay ASAP. These fees MUST be paid before attending the prom.
- There will be a meeting on Tuesday at 11:45 in Room 84 for the Prom Decorating Committee and the Photography Committee.
- Students are reminded that SEVEC applications are due on Thursday, April 30. Please submit your application to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn.
- Any Grade 12 students who have been accepted to Post Secondary Institutions and are interested in information about the Student Loan Program should plan to attend the information session on Tuesday, April 28, at 11:30 in the Library Conference Room. Students MUST sign up in Student Services prior to the session.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- Credit Union Scholarship applications are due May 7. For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.provincialcu.com/Home/InOurCommunity/Scholarships/ScholarshipApp/
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- E.I. Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- It’s snowing, so Rugby practice will be in the gym after school today!
- Rugby shorts and mouth guards on sale in the PE office at noon every day this week. Shorts $30, mouth guards $5.
- Rugby and Softball consent forms are being collected in the PE office every day at noon.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a Rugby hoodie in the PE office at noon.
- Track and Field team sign-up in the Phys. Ed. hallway. All interested athletes must sign up by this Friday!
- Men’s and Women’s Softball will have practice on Tuesday, April 28, from 3:30-5:00. This will be the only training session this week so it is very important for all players to be there. Please see Ms.Victor, Ms. Trainor or Mr.Kelly if there is a problem. Also please see Ms.Victor if you want to order a softball hoodie.
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5 in the ticket booth in the mornings. Please go purchase your photo!
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.