It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Matthew Killeen, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Hailey Butler for Sandra Hicken, Ellen MacCannell for Lianne Garland, Pat Hewitt for Timothy Lea, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
Happy Birthday to Isaac Power.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Take time for your mental health! Eat breakfast. Grab a healthy snack. Drink plenty of water. Get up and move around if you have been sitting for a while. What you do to energize yourself through food, water and exercise can have a significant impact on your mental health.
- Those students who missed Mr. Trainor’s BIO test yesterday should make arrangements to write today at 11:45 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Any grad who owes student fees are reminded to pay ASAP. These fees MUST be paid before attending the prom.
- It’s Burger Love time at MRHS! The CUL class is going to do their version of Burger Love today. Thanks to everyone who signed up for a meal. Which of the four selections will come out on top?
- Footloose T-Shirt money due ASAP.
- Spirit Week finishes up today at MRHS with “ER” Day.
- Students are reminded that SEVEC applications are due on Thursday, April 30. Please submit your application to Mr. Kelly or Mr. Munn.
- Any Grade 12 students who have been accepted to Post Secondary Institutions and are interested in information about the Student Loan Program should plan to attend the information session on Tuesday, April 28, at 11:30 in the Library Conference Room. Students MUST sign up in Student Services prior to the session.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- Credit Union Scholarship applications are due May 7. For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.provincialcu.com/Home/InOurCommunity/Scholarships/ScholarshipApp/
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- E.I. Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- Congratulations to Jonah Wilton and Mark Morrison for advancing to the playoff round on Saturday at the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships.
- All badminton players should return their eyewear to Mr. Hayes today.
- Rugby players who have not yet signed up for a hoodie can do so today at noon in the PE office.
- Track and Field team sign-up in the Phys. Ed. hallway. All interested athletes must sign up by next Friday!
- Men’s Rugby practice today at 11:50 in the gym. Everyone must be there!
- Fall and winter athlete photos are for sale for $5 in the ticket booth in the mornings. Please go purchase your photo!
- On sale in the PE office daily from 12:00-12:20 pm: Rugby shorts $30, Mouth guards $5. All rugby athletes should be wearing mouth guards to practice.
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Kirsten Whiteway. Kirsten placed first in both singles and mixed doubles at the Zone 4 Badminton meet last week. Kirsten advances to the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships being held at TOSH this week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Jonah Wilton. Jonah placed first in both singles and doubles at the Zone 4 Badminton meet last week. Jonah advances to the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships being held at TOSH this week.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- The Treble With Girls has made it down to 225 from 3300 entries nationally in the CBC Spotlight Search and would love to have as many votes as possible http://music.cbc.ca/#!/blogs/2015/3/Searchlight-2015-voting-is-now-open. You can vote on all your devices each day Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Monday. Members include Maxine MacLennan, Sheila Fitzpatrick, Jolee Patkai, and Norman Stewart.