It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Joseph Weale for Trisha Burrows, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Michael Hambly for Glenda McInnis (pm).
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Enjoy Life! Live in the moment, learn from the past and plan for the future. Focus on what you can influence or control, rather than things you cannot predict or change.
Congratulations to the Senior Badminton team on a very successful zone meet this past Friday. The placings at the tournament were as follows:
- Girls Singles: 1st Kirsten Whiteway, 4th Maddy Delodder
- Girls Doubles: 2nd Maddy Delodder / Tesse Steele. 3rd Carley Mclean / Emma Mullally
- Mixed Doubles: 1st Kirsten Whiteway / Jake Banks, 3rd Sarah MacVarish / Mark Morrison
- Boy Singles: 1st Jonah Wilton, 3rd Jake Banks
- Boys Doubles: 1st Jonah Wilton / Mark Morrison, 3rd Riley Lavandier / Jesse Campbell, 4th Cody Fitzpatrick / Daniel Whalen
Congratulations to the Wrestling team on representing MRHS so well at the PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships and taking home the Midget Girls banner. All MRHS wrestlers finished in the top four:
- Kaytlin Chandler – Gold
- Alex Parsons – Gold
- Marshal McLeod – Silver
- Keegan Creed – Silver
- Zak Chandler – Fourth
Happy Birthday to Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund and Sarah MacRae.
- Fly Tyers meet today at lunch in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Footloose cast and crew are reminded to pay ASAP for your Footloose T-shirt. Sizes and money due as soon as possible.
- There will be an OREO meeting today (and every day until Thursday) at lunch in Room 113. All participants must attend!
- Any students looking for work are asked to please see Earl in (Student Services) to sign up for possible employment opportunities.
- If any students are interested in volunteering in the summer as a Counsellor-In-Training at Oak Acres, please see Earl for an application.
- This is MRHS Spirit Week:
- Monday: I Don’t Care Wear!
- Tuesday: Tropical Tuesday
- Wednesday: What Not to Wear!
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday
- Friday: ER Day
- There will be a Prom meeting Tuesday at 11:45 in Room 84.
- It’s Burger Love time at MRHS! The CUL class is going to do their version of Burger Love on Friday, April 24. There will be four choices to pick from and only ten of each choice will be available. Sign up and pay for your favourite because they’ll go fast! Cost is $8. Sign up for the meal of your choice in the ticket booth. Listen for the Burger Love announcement. Note: all Burger Love meals will be served with a bubbling grape juice to quench your thirst.
- The Meatrix: a juicy meatloaf burger with melted cheddar cheese, smoky maple BBQ sauce and crispy bacon on a fluffy Kaiser roll with a side of creamy garlic mashed PEI potatoes and paired with a tangy coleslaw. Your dessert is a refreshingly sweet mint Nanaimo bar.
- El Zorro: a seasoned 6 oz patty topped with all the classic taco fixings: crisp lettuce, sweet salsa, sour cream, banana peppers, served between freshly made tortillas with a side of Island potato wedges with gooey jalapeno cheese and pinto beans, and a Mexican chopped salad of tomatoes, avocados, crunchy bell peppers, black beans and corn. Dessert is a creamy yogurt popsicle packed with fresh fruit – designed to cleanse your palate.
- VỏoTlua (translation Noh-stima): Greek burger made with 100% PEI beef served on a toasted Ciabatta bun with crumbled Feta, Swiss cheese, crisp Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced red onion and a zingy tzatziki sauce. Sides are dollar fries made from the finest PEI potatoes and a crunchy coleslaw. Dessert is a double chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips.
- The Homestyle Delight: a 6 oz cheese stuffed PEI beef burger topped with red onion, lettuce, crispy bacon, chipotle sauce and aioli on a homemade sesame seed bun, garnished with a dill pickle and hot pepper. Served with a side of loaded potato skins (sour cream, chives, cheese, salsa) and a Caesar salad. Finish off the meal with a gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookie.
- UNB will be here on April 21 at 11:45 to present to any Grade 11 students who are starting to think about post secondary schools. Come and find out what UNB has to offer you.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- Credit Union Scholarship applications are due May 7. For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.provincialcu.com/Home/InOurCommunity/Scholarships/ScholarshipApp/
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- E.I. Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- Wrestling practice today from 3:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Men’s and Women’s Rugby today after school.
- Women’s and Men’s Softball: First practice today at 4pm in the Gym.
- On sale in the PE office daily from 12:00-12:20 pm: Rugby shorts $30, Mouth guards $5
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.