It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Enjoy Life! Live in the moment, learn from the past and plan for the future. Focus on what you can influence or control, rather than things you cannot predict or change.
Happy Birthday to Jacob Bedell!
- Report Cards that were not picked up during Parent Teacher Interviews last evening will be going home with students today. Home room teachers are distributing reports this morning.
- There will be a very important OREO meeting in Ms. Malone’s room (113) at 11:50. All participants must attend!
- Disney Choir members can pick up RCMP Musical Ride tickets from Christie today at break or lunch.
- Any students looking for work are asked to please see Earl in (Student Services) to sign up for possible employment opportunities.
- Scholastic Book orders for the month of May have arrived and are in the Library. New Teen Readers flyers are available. Come check it out!
- It’s Burger Love time at MRHS! The CUL class is going to do their version of Burger Love on Friday, April 24. There will be four choices to pick from and only ten of each choice will be available. Sign up and pay for your favourite because they’ll go fast! Cost is $8. Sign up for the meal of your choice in the ticket booth. Listen for the Burger Love announcement. Note: all Burger Love meals will be served with a bubbling grape juice to quench your thirst.
- The Meatrix: a juicy meatloaf burger with melted cheddar cheese, smoky maple BBQ sauce and crispy bacon on a fluffy Kaiser roll with a side of creamy garlic mashed PEI potatoes and paired with a tangy coleslaw. Your dessert is a refreshingly sweet mint Nanaimo bar.
- El Zorro: a seasoned 6 oz patty topped with all the classic taco fixings: crisp lettuce, sweet salsa, sour cream, banana peppers, served between freshly made tortillas with a side of Island potato wedges with gooey jalapeno cheese and pinto beans, and a Mexican chopped salad of tomatoes, avocados, crunchy bell peppers, black beans and corn. Dessert is a creamy yogurt popsicle packed with fresh fruit – designed to cleanse your palate.
- VỏoTlua (translation Noh-stima): Greek burger made with 100% PEI beef served on a toasted Ciabatta bun with crumbled Feta, Swiss cheese, crisp Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced red onion and a zingy tzatziki sauce. Sides are dollar fries made from the finest PEI potatoes and a crunchy coleslaw. Dessert is a double chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips.
- The Homestyle Delight: a 6 oz cheese stuffed PEI beef burger topped with red onion, lettuce, crispy bacon, chipotle sauce and aioli on a homemadese3same seed bun, garnished with a dill pickle and hot pepper. Served with a side of loaded potato skins (sour cream, chives, cheese, salsa) and a Caesar salad. Finish off the meal with a gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookie.
- MRHS Spirit Week will be held from April 20 to 24:
- Monday: I Don’t Care Wear!
- Tuesday: Tropical Tuesday
- Wednesday: What Not to Wear!
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday
- Friday: ER Day
- UNB will be here on April 21 at 11:45 to present to any Grade 11 students who are starting to think about post secondary schools. Come and find out what UNB has to offer you.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- Credit Union Scholarship applications are due May 7. For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.provincialcu.com/Home/InOurCommunity/Scholarships/ScholarshipApp/
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- E.I. Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- MRHS is hosting the PEISAA Wrestling Provincial Championships this weekend. Junior high and high school aged wrestlers will compete on Friday beginning at 5 pm. Elementary aged wrestlers will compete on Saturday beginning at 10 am. Come join us for some great wrestling!
- Congratulations to the Juvenile Badminton team, and their coach Mr. Jonathan Hayes, on a well played zone meet yesterday. The following athletes finished in the top four:
- Girls Singles: Sarah MacRae – 1st, Ally Clements – 2nd, Lexy Mooney – 3rd
- Boys Singles: Donavan Bears – 1st, Ryan Curran – 4th
- Girls Doubles: Sarah MacRae/Rebecca Martens – 1st, Lexy Mooney/Maria Ferguson – 2nd, Ally Clements/Grace Boyce – 3rd
- Boys Doubles: Donavan Bears/Nolan McKenna – 2nd, Ryan Curran/Daniel Martell – 3rd
- Sign up today for Women’s and Men’s Softball at Student Services. First practice will be Monday at 4pm in the Gym for both Women and Men.
- Basketball PEI Announces Final U17 Girl’s Tryouts: The final two evaluation and selection sessions for the 2015 Provincial U17 Women’s Basketball team have been set. Times and locations are as follows: Thursday, April 16 (7:00 to 9:00 pm) at Slemon Park in Summerside, and Saturday, April 18 (5:00 to 7:00 pm) at MRHS in Montague. The coaching staff is looking forward to a competitive turnout. If you have any questions, please contact Head Coach Jared Cheverie by phone at 902-626-6261 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.