It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod and Jonathan Hayes.
Mental Health Tip of the Week – Enjoy Life! Live in the moment, learn from the past and plan for the future. Focus on what you can influence or control, rather than things you cannot predict or change.
- Wits and Words Poetry Slam contestants are advised that you have an important rehearsal today at the beginning of lunch in Room 211.
- The final payment for the Halifax Music Trip is $80.00 and must be submitted to Ms. McInnis by today!
- Parent-Teacher Interviews will be held this evening from 6:00 – 8:30. Members of our Montague Regional School Health Team will also be setting up booths to distribute information on the services that the Health team can provide to youth and their families.
- Students are reminded that the library will be open this evening during Parent-Teacher Interviews if you need a place to work or study!
- Breanna Ching would like to thank everyone who donated to the IWK/QEH Toy Drive. Over $1000 was raised and more than 70 toys were donated. Your support was greatly appreciated!
- Scholastic Book orders for the month of May have arrived and are in the Library. New Teen Readers flyers are available. Come check it out!
- It’s Burger Love time at MRHS! The CUL class is going to do their version of Burger Love on Friday, April 24. There will be four choices to pick from and only ten of each choice will be available. Sign up and pay for your favourite because they’ll go fast! Cost is $8. Sign up for the meal of your choice in the ticket booth. Listen for the Burger Love announcement. Note: all Burger Love meals will be served with a bubbling grape juice to quench your thirst.
- The Meatrix: a juicy meatloaf burger with melted cheddar cheese, smoky maple BBQ sauce and crispy bacon on a fluffy Kaiser roll with a side of creamy garlic mashed PEI potatoes and paired with a tangy coleslaw. Your dessert is a refreshingly sweet mint Nanaimo bar.
- El Zorro: a seasoned 6 oz patty topped with all the classic taco fixings: crisp lettuce, sweet salsa, sour cream, banana peppers, served between freshly made tortillas with a side of Island potato wedges with gooey jalapeno cheese and pinto beans, and a Mexican chopped salad of tomatoes, avocados, crunchy bell peppers, black beans and corn. Dessert is a creamy yogurt popsicle packed with fresh fruit – designed to cleanse your palate.
- VỏoTlua (translation Noh-stima): Greek burger made with 100% PEI beef served on a toasted Ciabatta bun with crumbled Feta, Swiss cheese, crisp Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced red onion and a zingy tzatziki sauce. Sides are dollar fries made from the finest PEI potatoes and a crunchy coleslaw. Dessert is a double chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips.
- TBA (still waiting for details)
- MRHS Spirit Week will be held from April 20 to 24:
- Monday: I Don’t Care Wear!
- Tuesday: Tropical Tuesday
- Wednesday: What Not to Wear!
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday
- Friday: ER Day
- UNB will be here on April 21 at 11:45 to present to any Grade 11 students who are starting to think about post secondary schools. Come and find out what UNB has to offer you.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- Credit Union Scholarship applications are due May 7. For more information and to apply online visit: https://www.provincialcu.com/Home/InOurCommunity/Scholarships/ScholarshipApp/
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Interested students should see Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor for more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- E.I. Mutual Education Trust Centennial Scholarship is due May 11. For more information and an application form, please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny in Student Services.
- Women’s and Men’s Softball sign up is posted at Student Services; please sign up by Friday. First practice will be Monday at 4pm in the Gym for both Women and Men.
- All badminton players must hand in their forms and athletic fees ($10) to Mr. Hayes or Ms. Nabuurs before the meet.
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- The first U-16 Boys Premier Soccer tryout will be held at 5:30 pm today at Montague Intermediate School.
- The registration dates for Cardigan Minor Baseball/Softball will be held Wednesday, April 22, from 6pm-9pm and Saturday, April 25, from 9am-12pm at the Fire Hall in Cardigan. This will be for players born between 1994 and 2011. For more information, please contact John Munro at email@example.com, or go to their website at: baseballpei.ca and look under “Association Webpages”.