It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell (am) and Kelly Matheson (pm).
• Footloose crew meeting (lights, sound, costumes, makeup, set, props, front of house) today at 11:45 in Learning Centre B.
• RCMP will be here for a presentation today at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Any interested students who would like to pursue a career in law enforcement should plan to attend.
• St. Dunstan’s Bursary application deadline is today.
• Today is the last day to apply for the PEI Fisherman’s Assoc. members scholarship.
• Anyone interested in the sport of fly-fishing or fly-tying contact Mr. Trainor in Room 131. If there is enough interest, a fly-tying group will be offered. This will be open to new and experienced tyers alike.
• The following students need to meet Ms. Trainor in the chem. Lab at 11:45 today: Ashton Ryan, Isaac Kemp and Kyla MacKenzie. Please remember to take your lab assignment with you.
• Scholastic Book orders for the month of May have arrived and are in the Library. New Teen Readers flyers are available. Come check it out!
• Students are reminded that the library will be open Thursday evening during Parent-Teacher Interviews if you need a place to work or study!
• The final payment for the Halifax Music Trip is $80.00 and is due Thursday to Ms. McInnis. All payments must be completed by that date.
• Parent-Teacher Interviews will only be held on Thursday, April 16, from 6:00 – 8:30 pm. Due to the reduced time for interviews, teachers will be in contact by phone or e-mail to those parents of students who are missing assignments or are not performing to the expected standard. Members of our Montague Regional School Health Team will also be setting up booths to distribute information on the services that the Health team can provide to youth and their families.
• Okay, MRHS! The CUL class is going to have its own version of Burger Love. Stay tuned to the announcements for more information!
• MRHS Spirit Week will be held from April 20 to 24:
• Monday: I Don’t Care Wear!
• Tuesday: Tropical Tuesday
• Wednesday: What Not to Wear!
• Thursday: Throwback Thursday
• Friday: ER Day
• UNB will be here on April 21 at 11:45 to present to any Grade 11 students who are starting to think about post secondary schools. Come and find out what UNB has to offer you.
• Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor will be popping into classes to give you more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
• There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
• All badminton players must hand in their forms and athletic fees ($10) to Mr. Hayes or Ms. Nabuurs BEFORE the meet.
• Jessica Shepard please see Ms. Nabuurs today.
• MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
• Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
• Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
• All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
• The first U-16 Boys Premier Soccer tryout will be held at 5:30 pm this Thursday at the Montague Intermediate School.
• The registration dates for Cardigan Minor Baseball/Softball will be held Wednesday, April 22, from 6pm-9pm and Saturday, April 25, from 9am-12pm at the Fire Hall in Cardigan. This will be for players born between 1994 and 2011. For more information, please contact John Munro at email@example.com, or go to their website at: http://www.baseballpei.ca and look under “Association Webpages”.