It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Glenda McInnis, Adam Clow for Natasha Nabuurs, Isis Fleugge for Karen Malone.
Happy Birthday to Hayley Kemp, Logan Robertson.
- There will be an important meeting about Prom for Grade 12 students today at 11:45 in Mr. Weeks’ Room, No.224.
- The Wits and Words Poetry Slam contestants have an important rehearsal today at lunch in Room 211.
- Anyone interested in the sport of fly-fishing or fly-tying contact Mr. Trainor in Room 131. If there is enough interest, a fly-tying group will be offered. This will be open to new and experienced tyers alike.
- Interesting……. When you talk on a cell phone while driving, you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent.
- Hypnotist Ian Stewart will be performing here this evening, starting at 7:00. Tickets are $7 each and are available through any Student Council member or at the door.
- Scholastic Book orders for the month of May have arrived and are in the Library. New Teen Readers flyers are available. Come check it out!
- Students are reminded that the library will be open Thursday evening during Parent-Teacher Interviews if you need a place to work or study!
- Footloose crew meeting (lights, sound, costumes, makeup, set, props, front of house) Wednesday at 11:45 in Learning Centre B.
- The final payment for the Halifax Music Trip is $80.00 and is due Thursday to Ms. McInnis. All payments must be completed by that date.
- Parent-Teacher Interviews will only be held on Thursday, April 16, from 6:00 – 8:30 pm. Due to the reduced time for interviews, teachers will be in contact by phone or e-mail to those parents of students who are missing assignments or are not performing to the expected standard. Members of our Montague Regional School Health Team will also be setting up booths to distribute information on the services that the Health team can provide to youth and their families.
- Okay, MRHS! The CUL class is going to have its own version of Burger Love. Stay tuned to the announcements for more information!
- MRHS Spirit Week will be held from April 20 to 24:
- Monday: I Don’t Care Wear!
- Tuesday: Tropical Tuesday
- Wednesday: What Not to Wear!
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday
- Friday: ER Day
- Spring Fling Dance is scheduled for Friday, April 24. Ticket costs will be announced in the near future.
- RCMP will be here for a presentation tomorrow (Wednesday) at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Any interested students who would like to pursue a career in law enforcement should plan to attend.
- Dunstan’s Bursary deadline is Wednesday, April 15.
- UNB will be here on April 21 at 11:45 to present to any Grade 11 students who are starting to think about post secondary schools. Come and find out what UNB has to offer you.
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor will be popping into classes to give you more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association Member Scholarship application is due this Wednesday. The form is available online at http://tastepeilobster.ca/docs/scholarshipform_en%202015.pdfor can be found in Student Services. Please submit your application form to Student Services or mail directly to the address listed on the form.
- All badminton players are reminded to turn their consent forms and fees in to Mr. Hayes ASAP. These must be in before the Zone meet.
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- The registration dates for Cardigan Minor Baseball/Softball will be held Wednesday, April 22, from 6pm-9pm and Saturday, April 25, from 9am-12pm at the Fire Hall in Cardigan. This will be for players born between 1994 and 2011. For more information, please contact John Munro at email@example.com, or go to their website at: baseballpei.ca and look under “Association Webpages”.