It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Glenda McInnis, Kirsten Walker for Rod MacDonald, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Dean Lackie for Chantelle Beaton, Adam Clow for Angela Killeen, Blanche Moyaert for Kirk White (pm).
Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated their special days over this past weekend: Cameron Gillis, Madi Jay, Bailie Campbell, Rebecca Penny, and Christina Rose.
- Scholastic Book orders for the month of May have arrived and are in the Library. New Teen Readers flyers are available. Come check it out!
- Students are reminded that the library will be open Thursday evening during Parent-Teacher Interviews if you need a place to work or study!
- Hypnotist Ian Stewart will be performing here at MRHS on Tuesday evening, starting at 7:00. Tickets are $7 each and are available through any Student Council member.
- RCMP will be here for a presentation this Wednesday at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Any interested students who would like to pursue a career in law enforcement should plan to attend.
- UNB will be here on April 21 at 11:45 to present to any Grade 11 students who are starting to think about post secondary schools. Come and find out what UNB has to offer you.
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor will be popping into classes to give you more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association Member Scholarship application is due this Wednesday. The form is available online at http://tastepeilobster.ca/docs/scholarshipform_en%202015.pdfor can be found in Student Services. Please submit your application form to Student Services or mail directly to the address listed on the form.
- Important meeting for all Senior Badminton players in Ms. Nabuurs’ office at morning break.
- Women’s Rugby practice today at 3:15 pm in the gym.
- All badminton players are reminded to turn their consent forms and fees in to Mr. Hayes ASAP. These must be in before the Zone meet.
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- The registration dates for Cardigan Minor Baseball/Softball will be held Wednesday, April 22, from 6pm-9pm and Saturday, April 25, from 9am-12pm at the Fire Hall in Cardigan. This will be for players born between 1994 and 2011. For more information, please contact John Munro at email@example.com, or go to their website at: baseballpei.ca and look under “Association Webpages”.