It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Ellen MacCannell, Adam Clow for Jillian Power, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Michael Hambly for Glenda McInnis, Joseph Lillo for Chantelle Beaton, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Happy Birthday to Anja Whiteway.
- Culinary is serving a meal today. Cost is $8. Check it out!
- Footloose rehearsal today is for the following characters only: Reverend Shaw, Ariel, Chuck, Lyle, Travis, Wendy Jo, Rusty, and Urleen. The whole crew should still attend!
- Any students who could not make the SEVEC information meeting on Wednesday can still pick up an information form outside Mr. Kelly’s room (No.226). The deadline for applications is Thursday, April 30.
- The Wits and Words Poetry Slam will be held on April 29 at “The Receiver” in Charlottetown. Any students interested in composing for and performing in this event should see Mr. Lea ASAP.
- RCMP will be here for a presentation on April 15 at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Any interested students who would like to pursue a career in law enforcement should plan to attend.
- UNB will be here on April 21 at 11:45 to present to any Grade 11 students who are starting to think about post secondary schools. Come and find out what UNB has to offer you.
- Encounters with Canada forms are now available in Student Services. Mrs. Kenny and Ms. Victor will be popping into classes to give you more information. Deadline for forms is May 8, 2015.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association Member Scholarship is due April 15. The application form is available online at http://tastepeilobster.ca/docs/scholarshipform_en%202015.pdfor can be found in Student Services. Please submit your application form to Student Services or mail directly to the address listed on the form.
- This is a reminder to the triathlon group: You should be finished swimming by 7:45 as another group is using the pool at that time.
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Eastern Eagles Soccer Association:
- Summer Soccer Registration is being held this Saturday, April 11, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Cavendish Wellness Centre. This is the last “in person” registration; after this date, it will be necessary to register online. For more information visit: http://www.easterneagles.goalline.ca
Basketball Provincial Team Tryouts Adjusted: Basketball PEI would like to announce the following tryout dates and times for provincial team programming. Athletes who are born in 1998 and 1999 are eligible for the U17 program. Athletes born in 2000 or higher are eligible for the U15 teams. Please note there is no cost to tryout. Please note, due to gym availability both the U15 and U17 Girls provincial team tryouts have been adjusted. Please see below for updated times and locations.
- U15 Boys
- Saturday April 11th, 2 to 4 – Stonepark
- Sunday April 12th, 2 to 4 – Stonepark
- U17 Boys
- Saturday April 11th, 10 to 12 – Stonepark
- Sunday April 12th, 10 to 12 – Stonepark
- U15 Girls
- Saturday April 11th, 12 to 2 – Stonepark
- Sunday April 12th, 12 to 2 – Stonepark
- U17 Girls
- Saturday April 11th, 4 to 6 – Rural
- Sunday April 12th, 4 to 6 – Stonepark
U13 and U17 Badminton Provincials: The U13 Provincials will take place at Slemon Park on Sunday, April 12. The gym opens at 9:00 a.m., and play gets underway at 9:30 a.m. Registration deadline is Thursday, April 9th!!! Protective eyewear is needed for all doubles matches. The cost is $15 for Badminton PEI members. Non-Members add $10. The U17 Provincials follow with registration at 11:45, and play starts at 12:00 p.m.
U15 and U19 Badminton Provincials: The U15 Provincials will take place at Slemon Park on Sunday, April 19. The gym opens at 9:00 a.m., and play gets underway at 9:30 a.m. Registration deadline is Thursday, April 16th!!! Protective eyewear is needed for all doubles matches. The cost is $15 for Badminton PEI members. Non-Members add $10. The U19 Provincials follow with registration at 11:45, and play starts at 12:00 p.m. Send entries to email@example.com