This is a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Ellen MacCannell, Donna White for Robert Nichoson, Brian Crane for Rod MacDonald (am).
- There is an information session for SEVEC today at 12:00 in Mr. Kelly’s Room (226). Any students interested are more than welcome to attend and see what the SEVEC Exchange is all about!
- There will be a meeting about Prom for Grade 12 students today at 11:45 in Room 84.
- Deadline for March Scholastic book orders is today; see Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
- The Culinary class has a meal this Friday. Cost is $8, order in advance. Roasted butternut squash soup, garnished with sour cream and chives, savoury pork stir fry served on jasmine rice, chocolate dipped cheesecake and stuffed strawberries, topped off with refreshing watermelon lemonade.
- The Wits and Words Poetry Slam will be held on April 29 at “The Receiver” in Charlottetown. Any students interested in composing for and performing in this event should see Mr. Lea ASAP.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association Member Scholarship is due April 15th. The application form is available online at http://tastepeilobster.ca/docs/scholarshipform_en%202015.pdfor can be found in Student Services. Please submit your application form to Student Services or mail directly to the address listed on the form.
- Women’s Rugby Team will practice today at 3:15 in the gym.
- This is a reminded to the triathlon group: You should be finished swimming by 7:45 as another group is using the pool at that time.
- MRHS Athletic Clothing is now on sale! All articles are buy one and get one for 50% off! Hoodies are $30, gym pants are $30, and T-shirts are $10. Athletic clothing is on sale during mornings in the ticket booth.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Girl’s Basketball Provincial Team Tryouts Adjusted: Basketball PEI would like to announce the following tryout dates and times for provincial team programming. Athletes who are born in 1998 and 1999 are eligible for the U17 program. Athletes born in 2000 or higher are eligible for the U15 teams. Please note there is no cost to tryout. Please note, due to gym availability both the U15 and U17 Girls provincial team tryouts have been adjusted. Please see below for updated times and locations.
- U15 Boys
- Tuesday April 7th, 7:00 to 8:30 – Slemon Park
- Saturday April 11th, 2 to 4 – Stonepark
- Sunday April 12th, 2 to 4 – Stonepark
- U17 Boys
- Tuesday April 7th, 5:30 to 7 – Slemon Park
- Saturday April 11th, 10 to 12 – Stonepark
- Sunday April 12th, 10 to 12 – Stonepark
- U15 Girls
- Wednesday April 8th, 6 to 8:00 – UPEI
- Saturday April 11th, 12 to 2 – Stonepark
- Sunday April 12th, 12 to 2 – Stonepark
- U17 Girls
- Wednesday April 8th, 7:30 to 9 – Cancelled
- Saturday April 11th, 4 to 6 – Rural
- Sunday April 12th, 4 to 6 – Stonepark
U13 and U17 Badminton Provincials: The U13 Provincials will take place at Slemon Park on Sunday, April 12. The gym opens at 9:00 a.m., and play gets underway at 9:30 a.m. Registration deadline is Thursday, April 9th!!! Protective eyewear is needed for all doubles matches. The cost is $15 for Badminton PEI members. Non-Members add $10. The U17 Provincials follow with registration at 11:45, and play starts at 12:00 p.m.
U15 and U19 Badminton Provincials: The U15 Provincials will take place at Slemon Park on Sunday, April 19. The gym opens at 9:00 a.m., and play gets underway at 9:30 a.m. Registration deadline is Thursday, April 16th!!! Protective eyewear is needed for all doubles matches. The cost is $15 for Badminton PEI members. Non-Members add $10. The U19 Provincials follow with registration at 11:45, and play starts at 12:00 p.m.
Send entries to email@example.com