It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Glenda McInnis, Andrew Murchison for Amy Beck, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins (pm).
Happy Birthday to Cameron Davies and Braden Stewart who are celebrating today and also to Rachel Buell, Mia Levesque, Caleb Richards, Jakob Gosbee, Rebecca Martens, and Morgan Kemp who celebrated on the week-end.
Congratulations to Kendra Kerr for winning our musical cover art contest! Kendra’s design will be featured on our promotional posters, programs, tickets and cast shirts! Kendra also receives a $25 gift card! Great work, Kendra!
Congratulations to the Men’s and Women’s Hockey teams on a well-played tournament last week. Special congratulations to the Women’s Team who went 5-0 to win the tournament with a 3-1 victory over Westisle in the Championship game. Morgan Duncan scored twice and Alyta Vandenbroek once in the win. Amanda Gormley had two assists and Hope Higginbotham had one.
- There is a Triathlon meeting today at 12:05 in Ms. Evans-Renaud’s office.
- There is an information session for SEVEC tomorrow, Wednesday, April 8, at 12:00 in Mr. Kelly’s Room (226). Any students interested are more than welcome to attend and see what the SEVEC Exchange is all about!
- Louis Walsh Driver Education will meet today at 3:20pm.
- There will be a meeting about Prom for Grade 12 students on Wednesday, April 8th at 11:45 in Room 84.
- The Culinary class has a meal this Friday. Cost is $8, order in advance. Roasted butternut squash soup, garnished with sour cream and chives, savoury pork stir fry served on jasmine rice, chocolate dipped cheesecake and stuffed strawberries, topped off with a refreshing watermelon lemonade.
- The Wits and Words Poetry Slam will be held on April 29 at “The Receiver” in Charlottetown. Any students interested in composing for and performing in this event should see Mr. Lea ASAP.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association Member Scholarship is due April 15th. The application form is available online at http://tastepeilobster.ca/docs/scholarshipform_en%202015.pdfor can be found in Student Services. Please submit your application form to Student Services or mail directly to the address listed on the form.
- Deadline for March Scholastic book orders is tomorrow, Wednesday, April 8.
- Badminton today after school until 5:00 pm.
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15th, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms. Nabuurs or Ms. Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- Athletic Wear is on sale from the Student Store most days from 10:30am to noon. T-Shirts and hats are priced at $10 while hoodies and sweatpants sell for $30. Students should see Cassie!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.