Welcome to the following guest staff today: Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Cailyn Ferguson, Leanna Hambly and Nadia Smith
- Peer Helpers have block meetings today: A Block – Room 141, B Block – Library, C Block – Library, D Block – Room 139.
- The elections for Student Council are being held today during A Block. Interviews for candidates will be held at lunch and the results will be announced at the end of the day. Best of luck to all of our candidates: Hannah Glover, Chloe Jardine, John Ployer, Amanda Gormley, and Emma Collings!!
- Today’s Culinary Meal: Greek salad with lettuce, juicy tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and zesty vinaigrette, tender meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce, Greek couscous filled with tomatoes and spices, crunchy colourful stir-fry filled with carrots, broccoli and peppers, crispy soft pretzel, sweet shortbread cookie served with a bright sorbet, and a cup of nectar to satisfy your thirst.
- Today is the last day to sign up for hotel rooms for the Halifax Music Trip.
- Kendra Kerr and Damien Taylor please stop by Learning Centre B sometime today.
- There will be a meeting about prom for grade 12 students on Wednesday, April 8th at 11:45 in the library conference room.
- The Culinary class has changed the dates of meals being prepared. Cost is $8, order in advance.
- Friday, April 10: Roasted butternut squash soup, garnished with sour cream and chives, savoury pork stir fry served on jasmine rice, chocolate dipped cheesecake and stuffed strawberries, topped off with a refreshing watermelon lemonade.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association Member Scholarship is due April 15th. The application form is available online at http://tastepeilobster.ca/docs/scholarshipform_en%202015.pdfor can be found in Student Services. Please submit your application form to Student Services or mail directly to the address listed on the form.
- Deadline for March Scholastic book orders is this Wednesday.
- Men’s Rugby practice today at 3:15pm.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for the week before March break is Christian Howe of the Power Lifting Team. Christian trained hard leading into the Provincial Championships and was the top lifter for MRHS at the meet.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Grace Boyce of the Power Lifting Team. Grace finished in the top three of her division at the Provincial Championships.
- Congratulations to the men’s hockey team on a 5-1 victory over Colonel Gray and the women’s team on a 4-0 victory over TOSH last night.
Today’s hockey games:
Men vs. Souris in Montague @ 5:15 pm
Women vs. Winner of 4th/5th game at UPEI at 8:45 pm
Championship games are in Kensington on Saturday at 6 pm (women’s) and 8 pm (men’s).
Come out and cheer on your fellow Vikings!
- Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins.
Applications are due Friday, May 15th, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms.Nabuurs or Ms.Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- Athletic Wear is on sale from the Student Store most days from 10:30am to noon. T-Shirts and hats are priced at $10 while hoodies and sweatpants sell for $30. Students should see Cassie!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.