It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Lucas Mitchell and to Samantha Martell and Molly Stewart who celebrated their birthdays yesterday!
• Student Council will be hosting a dessert party tonight in the Cafeteria from 6:30 to 8:00pm. All you can eat dessert for only $5! Also, all the items from our recent Student Council Facebook Silent Auction will be available for pick-up.
• Graduating students should visit the library for an application form for Viking Pins. Applications are due Friday, May 15th, but can take time to complete! Don’t leave it until the last minute! Please see Ms.Nabuurs or Ms.Killeen with any questions. Further information available on page 15-16 of student handbook (available online at https://montaguehigh.wordpress.com/)
• Congratulations to Rose Henbest! As our English school champion for Poetry in Voice, Rose competed in the online semi-finals and has been selected to represent P.E.I. at the National Finals in Montreal in April. Poetry in Voice is a national poetry recitation contest funded by Scott Griffin and the Griffin Trust for Excellence in Poetry. This year 384 schools from across Canada participated, and Rose is one of 18 students chosen to compete in the national finals. Congratulations and best of luck, Rose!
• The following students are reminded of their English test in room 213 at lunch today; Zoie Farish, Abbie Hume, Kaitlyn Patton, Mia Levesque, Brandon Smith, Shae Lynn Morrison, Jason Reeves, and Hannah MacKinnon.
• There will be Peer Helping block meetings tomorrow: A Block – Room 141, B Block – Library, C Block – Library, D Block – Room 139.
• The elections for Student Council are being held tomorrow during A Block. Interviews for candidates will be held at lunch and the results will be announced at the end of the day. Best of luck to all of our candidates: Hannah Glover, Chloe Jardine, John Ployer, Amanda Gormley, and Emma Collings!!
• The Culinary class has changed the dates of meals being prepared. Cost is $8, order in advance.
o Thursday, April 2: Greek salad with lettuce, juicy tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and zesty vinaigrette, tender meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce, Greek couscous filled with tomatoes and spices, crunchy colourful stir-fry filled with carrots, broccoli and peppers, crispy soft pretzel, sweet shortbread cookie served with a bright sorbet, and a cup of nectar to satisfy your thirst.
o Friday, April 10: Roasted butternut squash soup, garnished with sour cream and chives, savoury pork stir fry served on jasmine rice, chocolate dipped cheesecake and stuffed strawberries, topped off with a refreshing watermelon lemonade.
• There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
• The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association Member Scholarship is due April 15th. The application form is available online at http://tastepeilobster.ca/docs/scholarshipform_en%202015.pdf or can be found in Student Services. Please submit your application form to Student Services or mail directly to the address listed on the form.
• Deadline for March Scholastic book orders is this Wednesday.
• Today’s hockey games: Women vs. TOSH at Slemon Park at 6 pm. Men’s hockey team takes on Colonel Gray at UPEI at 7:15 pm.
• There will be a meeting for the Men’s basketball team in the gym/fitness area at the beginning of the lunch break today. All are expected to attend.
• Men’s Rugby meeting today at lunch in Mr. C’s classroom
• Men’s Rugby practice today and Thursday at 3:15pm.
• The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for the week before March break is Christian Howe of the Power Lifting Team. Christian trained hard leading into the Provincial Championships and was the top lifter for MRHS at the meet.
• The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Grace Boyce of the Power Lifting Team. Grace finished in the top three of her division at the Provincial Championships.
• Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
• Athletic Wear is on sale from the Student Store most days from 10:30am to noon. T-Shirts and hats are priced at $10 while hoodies and sweatpants sell for $30. Students should see Cassie!
• All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.