It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Amy Beck for Trisha Burrows, Michael Hambly for Matt Killeen, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Krista Boudreault for Alana Trainor.
Happy Birthday to Brandon Cann, Cole Jenkins, and Derian Johnson.
- Kendra Kerr is asked to please see Mrs. Power in Learning Centre B some time today.
- The elections for Student Council have been moved to A Block on Tuesday, March 31. Interviews for candidates will be held at lunch and the results will be announced at the end of the day. Best of luck to all of our candidates: Hannah Glover, Chloe Jardine, John Ployer, Amanda Gormley, and Emma Collings!!
- Student Council will be hosting a dessert party in the Cafeteria from 6:30 to 8:00pm on Tuesday, March 31. All you can eat dessert for only $5! Also, all the items from our recent Student Council Facebook Silent Auction will be available for pick-up that evening.
- The Culinary class has changed the dates of meals being prepared. Cost is $8, order in advance.
- Thursday, April 2: Greek salad with lettuce, juicy tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and zesty vinaigrette, tender meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce, Greek couscous filled with tomatoes and spices, crunchy colourful stir-fry filled with carrots, broccoli and peppers, crispy soft pretzel, sweet shortbread cookie served with a bright sorbet, and a cup of nectar to satisfy your thirst.
- Friday, April 10: Roasted butternut squash soup, garnished with sour cream and chives, savoury pork stir fry served on jasmine rice, chocolate dipped cheesecake and stuffed strawberries, topped off with a refreshing watermelon lemonade.
- Grade 12 Students: You should be consistently checking the board in Student Services for scholarships and bursaries to apply for. Many deadlines are the end of March.
- There is a $1,000 bursary available for any Grade 12 student planning on attending a post secondary institution and has demonstrated leadership in environmental matters. Students should see Mrs. Kenny or Ms. Victor for an application. Deadline for application May 1, 2015.
- Deadline for March Scholastic book orders has been moved ahead to Wednesday, April 1.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for the week before March break is Christian Howe of the Power Lifting Team. Christian trained hard leading into the Provincial Championships and was the top lifter for MRHS at the meet.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Grace Boyce of the Power Lifting Team. Grace finished in the top three of her division at the Provincial Championships.
- Triathlon morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- Athletic Wear is on sale from the Student Store most days from 10:30am to noon. T-Shirts and hats are priced at $10 while hoodies and sweatpants sell for $30. Students should see Cassie!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
Public Service Announcements:
- Louis Walsh Driving Students are reminded that your last five sessions will start on March 31. This will mean that you will finish April 28. The last five classes are for everyone.
- CK’s Canteen at Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre is closing for the season this Sunday.