It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Bridgett DeCourcey for Earl Campbell, Margo Stewart for Kelly Matheson (pm), Haley Butler for Alana Trainor (pm), Mike Hambly for Karen Malone, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Jessica Campbell for Sandra Hicken, Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins, Ellen MacCannell for Maureen MacDonald.
Happy Birthday to Noah Garnhum.
Cover Art Wanted: MRHS is producing Footloose: The Musical this year and we are in need of COVER ART for our promotional posters and programs! The winning design will also be featured in newsprint and online and maybe more! Details below:
- Your design can be hand drawn or created digitally!
- Your design must include elements of the show. For further details and a description, please see Mrs. Power in (Learning Centre B) for a handout!
- It must be submitted no later than 3pm on March 23, 2015.
- Entries will be voted on and selected by March 27, 2015.
- Readers’ Circle will meet in Seminar Room A today at 12noon.
- Culinary Meal Today: Garden salad with creamy feta and a zingy vinaigrette, soft and warm naan bread, traditional Indian butter chicken served over rice, thick and creamy vanilla mousse, and a honey sweetened, fresh strawberry-kiwi fruit drink.
- Students are reminded to clean out their lockers before March break…. time to tidy! All items in the lost and found bin will be donated/discarded during the break as well.
- Time changes this weekend. Remember to put your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night.
- Full cast of Footloose will have rehearsal tomorrow (Saturday) from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- All high school students are advised that because of the change in the school calendar, Monday will be another “C-D” Day as well.
- If you will be in Grade 11 or 12 next year and you’re interested in becoming yearbook editor, please see Ms McLane this week!
- The Culinary class will be serving the following meals in the weeks ahead. Cost is $8, order in advance.
- Friday, March 13: Soft bread sticks with poppin’ seasoning, twice-baked potatoes with bacon bits, green onion sour cream and cheddar, sweet and savoury honey garlic glazed chicken, red velvet cupcakes and thirst-quenching iced tea with lemon.
- Friday, March 27: Greek salad with lettuce, juicy tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and zesty vinaigrette, tender meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce, Greek couscous filled with tomatoes and spices, crunchy colourful stir-fry filled with carrots, broccoli and peppers, crispy soft pretzel, sweet shortbread cookie served with a bright sorbet, and a cup of nectar to satisfy your thirst.
- Thursday, April 2: Roaster butternut squash soup, garnished with sour cream and chives, savoury pork stir fry served on jasmine rice, chocolate dipped cheesecake and stuffed strawberries, topped off with a refreshing watermelon lemonade.
- Scholastic book orders for the month of March have arrived and are due Wednesday, March 25.
- Check out the new library display case for St. Patrick’s Day reads that are all available for loan. Special thanks to Leanna Hambly for her hard work.
- Power Lifters: There will be a brief meeting on Monday during morning break.
- Powers Lifters will leave at 7:30am Tuesday for the Provincial meets. Students should be here by 7:20!
- Male Co-Athletes of the Week: Kyle Parlee , Grade 11 Guard, and Dyllin Bernard, Grade 10 Forward, were instrumental in the Vikings’ final push into the playoffs. Their hard word in practice, dedication to improving their skills and their determination in our last regular season games helped to lift the team into the AA playoffs, and a quarter final upset of Charlottetown Rural last week. Their effort continued into the Provincial Championship tournament, where their play got the Vikings to within one point of the AA bronze medal before falling to Morell 70-69 on Wednesday. A special thanks to Team Manager, Kenny Richard, for helping the team prepare for games, and the Coaches with video and practice setup. Congratulations to all members on the Men’s Basketball team for a fine season.
- Women’s and Men’s Rugby training is now scheduled for Monday at 3:15pm in the gym.
- Revised Triathlon schedule for morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock.
- Students interested in volunteering at the Zone 4 Wrestling Meet on April 1 at Montague Consolidated School should please see Ms. Nabuurs to make arrangements.
- Eastern Eagles Soccer Club is currently looking for coaches for the summer league. Please contact Tim Simpson or see Ms. Nabuurs if you are interested in coaching. Hours can be used toward the Community Service Bursary and the volunteer work looks great on a resume!
- Students interested in participating in Zumba classes to be held at MRHS after school are asked to please see Ms. Nabuurs this week for more information.
- UPEI will be at the school on Thursday, March 12, to offer students the opportunity to register for first year courses. All students who are planning on attending should come go Student Services and sign up. It is strongly suggested you do so that you can create a schedule that best suits your needs. The times will be from 12:30-1:30 for Arts and Business and then from 1:45-2:45 for Science. Please see Ms. Victor or Mrs. Kenny if you have any questions. Parents are welcome to attend with you.
- The Montague Rotary Library is looking for students willing to participate in a 6 week volunteer program which runs just 1 hour per week as well as a 1 hour training session. This informal program will pair up students with seniors in our community in order to provide the seniors with some basic computer skills and /or to help them develop new computer skills in areas of their choosing. These volunteer hours can be used towards a post secondary bursary and will also provide the students with some valuable skills of their own. Please visit the Montague Library or call Krystal at 902-838-2928 if you would be interested in participating.
- Camp Gencheff is hiring. Are you a High School or Post-Secondary student? Would you like to be a Camp Counselor, work on the beach, and enjoy campfires, lots of fun and care for very special people? Please forward resume to PO Box 412, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7K7or email to email@example.com.
- Athletic Wear is on sale from the Student Store most days from 10:30am to noon. T-Shirts and hats are priced at $10 while hoodies and sweatpants sell for $30. Students should see Cassie!
- The IWK/QEH Toy Drive has begun once again! For the next two weeks, donations of new toys and money will be accepted. Donations/Questions can be brought to Breanna Ching or Stephanie Hinks. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Community Badminton will be held in the Montague Regional High School Gymnasium on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7-9 pm. All ages and abilities welcome!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to montagueyearbook@com
Katie Arsenault, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Maddy Clements, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Taylor Ferguson, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kenny, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot, Samantha Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young.