It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie and Amy Beck for Chantelle Beaton, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, and Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins (pm).
Happy Birthday to Cody Powers and Skyler Sentner. Belated greetings to Tyson Courtney and Alexys Mooney who celebrated their birthdays yesterday.
Congratulations to members of the Kings County Kings Midget AAA Girls team. They won 3-2 last evening to put out Central Storm and now move on to the final series against the Midisle Wild Cats.
- SAVE meeting will be held today at 12:00 in Library Conference Room.
- There will be a spare change collection after lunch today for the IWK Toy Drive.
- Matchmakers will be on sale today. Price is $2.00.
- Guardian items are due via email to Mrs. Killeen by noon today.
- Anyone who would like to run for Student Council President for next year should see Michelle, Noah, Ms. Beaton, or Ms. MacLeod by Thursday.
- A pair of red and black glasses has been found in the men’s locker room. If you are missing these glasses, please come to the office.
- All high school students are advised that there are now classes scheduled for Friday, March 6, 2015.
- If you will be in Grade 11 or 12 next year and you’re interested in becoming yearbook editor, please see Ms McLane this week!
- The Culinary class will be serving the following meals in the weeks ahead. Cost is $8, order in advance.
- Thursday, March 5: Garden salad with creamy feta and a zingy vinaigrette, soft and warm naan bread, traditional Indian butter chicken served over rice, thick and creamy vanilla mousse, and a honey sweetened, fresh strawberry-kiwi fruit drink.
- Friday, March 13: Soft bread sticks with poppin’ seasoning, twice-baked potatoes with bacon bits, green onion sour cream and cheddar, sweet and savoury honey garlic glazed chicken, red velvet cupcakes and thirst-quenching iced tea with lemon.
- Friday, March 27: Greek salad with lettuce, juicy tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and zesty vinaigrette, tender meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce, Greek couscous filled with tomatoes and spices, crunchy colourful stir-fry filled with carrots, broccoli and peppers, crispy soft pretzel, sweet shortbread cookie served with a bright sorbet, and a cup of nectar to satisfy your thirst.
- Thursday, April 2: Roaster butternut squash soup, garnished with sour cream and chives, savoury pork stir fry served on jasmine rice, chocolate dipped cheesecake and stuffed strawberries, topped off with a refreshing watermelon lemonade.
- Members of the Men’s Basketball team will be excused today at 1:30 today as they will travel to Holland College for the Bronze medal game versus Morell. Tip-off is 4pm for any staff who may wish to cheer on the Vikings in the final game of the season. On behalf of the Coaches and players, Mr. Cheverie would like to thank all teachers and staff for the support this season!
- The Women’s Basketball team will play in the A Championship today at Charlottetown Rural at 6 pm.
- Come out and cheer them on! Both teams will depart at 2 pm today.
- Women’s and Men’s Rugby training scheduled for today has been postponed until Monday in the gym at 3:15 pm.
- 2017 Canada Summer Games Boys Softball: There is a meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 12, from 7:00 to 9:00pm. Interested players and parent representative are invited to attend. Meeting will be held in Room 234, Sport PEI, 40 Enman Crescent, Charlottetown. Topics to be discussed included winter training program, spring and summer schedules, Canadian Championship, and fundraising. If you have any questions, you can contact head coach Mark Quinn at 902-969-6131 or by email at email@example.com.
- Revised Triathlon schedule for morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
- The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock.
- U18 PEI Men’s Rugby Camps: March 7 UPEI, March 8 UPEI, March 28 Colonel Gray Senior High, March 29 Colonel Gray Senior High, April 12 Exhibition Game vs Nova Scotia @ East Hants Sportsplex, April 25 Three Oaks Senior High, April 26 Three Oaks Senior High. For more information please contact James Voye at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students interested in volunteering at the Zone 4 Wrestling Meet on April 1 at Montague Consolidated School should please see Ms. Nabuurs to make arrangements.
- Eastern Eagles Soccer Club is currently looking for coaches for the summer league. Please contact Tim Simpson or see Ms. Nabuurs if you are interested in coaching. Hours can be used toward the Community Service Bursary and the volunteer work looks great on a resume!
- Students interested in participating in Zumba classes to be held at MRHS after school are asked to please see Ms. Nabuurs this week for more information.
- PEI U18 Women’s Rugby Development Clinic: In preparation for the upcoming summer rugby season, there will be a U18 development clinic held at the Chi Wan Young Sports Centre at UPEI on March 7 and 8 led by U18 Provincial coach Shannon Atkins to work on developing and enhancing skills. Schedule of events: Saturday, March 7 (2-4pm Skills and Drills), Sunday, March 8 (10-12am Skills and Drills), and 12-1pm, Bring your own lunch and eat at gym. 1-2pm (Classroom session/ questions) and 2-4pm (Skills and Drills). Over the next few months, there will be practices and clinics leading up to exhibition games and, finally, the Eastern Canadian Rugby Championships in Belleisle, NB, July 9-12, 2015.
- Students: Are you interested in winning an ASUS tablet from Scholastic Teen Readers Book Club?
Stop by the library and see Mrs. Killeen to fill out a ballot. It’s that easy! Deadline is next Thursday, March 5th! For more information, please visit: http://www.scholastic.ca/clubs/images/5A15/T5A15_SC.pdf
- The Montague Rotary Library is looking for students willing to participate in a 6 week volunteer program which runs just 1 hour per week as well as a 1 hour training session. This informal program will pair up students with seniors in our community in order to provide the seniors with some basic computer skills and /or to help them develop new computer skills in areas of their choosing. These volunteer hours can be used towards a post secondary bursary and will also provide the students with some valuable skills of their own. Please visit the Montague Library or call Krystal at 902-838-2928 if you would be interested in participating.
- UPEI is hosting an Open Class Day, Friday, March 6th. Students can register for Open Class Day online, http://www.upei.ca/becomeastudent/open-class-days This is a day designed to provide an overview of the Arts, Business, and Science programs, as well as a variety of sample lectures from first year courses in those areas. Students will also have opportunity to have on-site admissions, first year advising, and registration completed during the event. There is also a session at the end of the day with a representative from Student Financial Services that parents are able to attend on Student Loans and Financial Aid.
- Camp Gencheff is hiring. Are you a High School or Post-Secondary student? Would you like to be a Camp Counselor, work on the beach, and enjoy campfires, lots of fun and care for very special people? Please forward resume to PO Box 412, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7K7or email to email@example.com.
- The IWK/QEH Toy Drive has begun once again! For the next two weeks, donations of new toys and money will be accepted. Donations/Questions can be brought to Breanna Ching or Stephanie Hinks. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Community Badminton will be held in the Montague Regional High School Gymnasium on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7-9 pm. All ages and abilities welcome!
- All students are required to pay the $20 Student Fee.
- The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to montagueyearbook@com
Katie Arsenault, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Maddy Clements, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Taylor Ferguson, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kenny, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot, Samantha Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young.