It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: David MacKay for Trisha Burrows, Brian Crane for Gail Johnston, Krystal Feehan for Rod MacDonald, Ellen MacCannell for Maureen MacDonald, Mike Hambly for Karen Malone, Darrell Bradley for Glenda McInnis,
Happy Birthday to the following students who celebrated their Birthday over the weekend: Katie Arsenault, Taylor McDonald, Shelby White, and Shayla Martin.
• Congratulations to our school winners of the Poetry in Voice competition: Rose Henbest is our English stream champion and Jessica Shepard will compete in the bilingual stream. We wish them luck as they move forward in the online semi-finals. A special thank you to Breanna Ching, who as runner up for the English stream was ready, willing and more than capable of filling in if needed.
• The following students must see Ms. Trainor today during break time in the phys ed area: Jesse Campbell, Morgan Dalton, Celestte Gamble, Will Henbest, Austin Leeco, Deanna Morris, and Jason Reeves.
• The IWK/QEH Toy Drive has begun once again! For the next two weeks, donations of new toys and money will be accepted. Donations/Questions can be brought to Breanna Ching or Stephanie Hinks. Thank you in advance for your support!
• A pair of red and black glasses have been found in the men’s locker room. If you are missing these glasses please come to the office.
• Full cast choreography rehearsal will be after school today from 3:30-5pm. (Chicago scene choir not included).
• There will be a spare change collection after lunch on Wednesday for the IWK Toy Drive.
• If you will be in Grade 11 or 12 next year and you’re interested in becoming yearbook editor, please see Ms McLane this week!
• Congratulations to Ross Power on winning the Senior Male division at the PEISAA Gymnastics Championships on the weekend.
• Badminton sign up in Room 129 during the morning break. Practice starts tomorrow after school.
• Community Badminton will be held in the Montague Regional High School Gymnasium on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7-9 pm. All ages and abilities welcome!
• Revised Triathlon schedule for morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays at the Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Fitness Centre.
• The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock.
• U18 PEI Men’s Rugby Camps: March 1 Three Oaks Senior High, March 7 UPEI, March 8 UPEI, March 28 Colonel Gray Senior High, March 29 Colonel Gray Senior High, April 12 Exhibition Game vs Nova Scotia @ East Hants Sportsplex, April 25 Three Oaks Senior High, April 26 Three Oaks Senior High. For more information please contact James Voye at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Students interested in volunteering at the Zone 4 Wrestling Meet on April 1 at Montague Consolidated School should please see Ms. Nabuurs to make arrangements.
• Eastern Eagles Soccer Club is currently looking for coaches for the summer league. Please contact Tim Simpson or see Ms. Nabuurs if you are interested in coaching. Hours can be used toward the Community Service Bursary and the volunteer work looks great on a resume!
• Students interested in participating in Zumba classes to be held at MRHS after school please see Ms. Nabuurs this week for more information.
• PEI U18 Women’s Rugby Development Clinic: In preparation for the upcoming summer rugby season, there will be a U18 development clinic held at the Chi Wan Young Sports Centre at UPEI on March 7 and 8 led by U18 Provincial coach Shannon Atkins to work on developing and enhancing skills. Schedule of events: Saturday, March 7 (2-4pm Skills and Drills), Sunday, March 8 (10-12am Skills and Drills), and 12-1pm, Bring your own lunch and eat at gym. 1-2pm (Classroom session/ questions) and 2-4pm (Skills and Drills). Over the next few months, there will be practices and clinics leading up to exhibition games and, finally, the Eastern Canadian Rugby Championships in Belleisle, NB, July 9-12, 2015.
• Students: Are you interested in winning an ASUS tablet from Scholastic Teen Readers Book Club?
Stop by the library and see Mrs. Killeen to fill out a ballot. It’s that easy! Deadline is next Thursday, March 5th! For more information, please visit: http://www.scholastic.ca/clubs/images/5A15/T5A15_SC.pdf
• The Montague Rotary Library is looking for students willing to participate in a 6 week volunteer program which runs just 1 hour per week as well as a 1 hour training session. This informal program will pair up students with seniors in our community in order to provide the seniors with some basic computer skills and /or to help them develop new computer skills in areas of their choosing. These volunteer hours can be used towards a post secondary bursary and will also provide the students with some valuable skills of their own. Please visit the Montague Library or call Krystal at 902-838-2928 if you would be interested in participating.
• UPEI is hosting an Open Class Day, Friday, March 6th. Students can register for Open Class Day online, http://www.upei.ca/becomeastudent/open-class-days This is a day designed to provide an overview of the Arts, Business, and Science programs, as well as a variety of sample lectures from first year courses in those areas. Students will also have opportunity to have on-site admissions, first year advising, and registration completed during the event. There is also a session at the end of the day with a representative from Student Financial Services that parents are able to attend on Student Loans and Financial Aid.
• Camp Gencheff is hiring. Are you a High School or Post-Secondary student? Would you like to be a Camp Counselor, work on the beach, and enjoy campfires, lots of fun and care for very special people? Please forward resume to PO Box 412, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7K7or email to email@example.com.
• A monthly swim for children with autism is held every month at Atlantic Fitness East. The swim is from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. the last Sunday of each month. The swim is graciously sponsored by Canada Post, so it is free of charge.
• A teen boot camp put on through go!PEI will run at 3:45 pm at Atlantic Fitness East every Tuesday for 8 weeks. The cost is $2 per person and you do not have to have a membership to attend. The class will run for about 45 minutes.
• The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Arsenault, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Maddy Clements, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Taylor Ferguson, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kenny, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot, Samantha Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young.