It is a “C-D” Day!!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Karen Malone, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Dean Lackie for Carl Evans, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Neil Toombs for Chantelle Beaton, Jessie Campbell for Matt Kelly, Hailey Butler for Ronnie Munn, Denise McGillevray in for Gail Greene, Brenda Gillis for Baxter Ross and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Bailey Brydon, John Campbell, Emily Gilbert, Darcy MacPherson, and Grace Rooney! Also a big Happy “40th” Birthday to Matthew Killeen!!
• The IWK/QEH Toy Drive has begun once again! For the next two weeks, donations of new toys and money will be accepted. Donations/Questions can be brought to Breanna Ching or Stephanie Hinks. Thank you in advance for your support!
• There is a black pencil case with animals missing…if found please bring it to the office.
• A pair of red and black glasses have been found in the men’s locker room. If you are missing these glasses please come to the office.
• Robert Villard is to see Mrs. Hicken ASAP.
• Today is the last day to order Grad clothing and it is also the last day to order your Yearbook!!
• Full cast choreography rehearsal will be on Monday, March 2, after school…3:30-5pm. ( Chicago scene choir not included).
• Georgetown Midget AA last home game of the season will be on Sunday at 5:40pm in Georgetown against Summerside.
• Community Badminton will be held in the Montague Regional High School Gymnasium on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7-9 pm. All ages and abilities welcome!
• Revised Triathlon schedule for morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays — Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays —Fitness Centre
• The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock.
• U18 PEI Men’s Rugby Camps: March 1 Three Oaks Senior High, March 7 UPEI, March 8 UPEI, March 28 Colonel Gray Senior High, March 29 Colonel Gray Senior High, April 12 Exhibition Game vs Nova Scotia @ East Hants Sportsplex, April 25 Three Oaks Senior High, April 26 Three Oaks Senior High. For more information please contact James Voye at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Students interested in volunteering at the Zone 4 Wrestling Meet on April 1 at Montague Consolidated School should please see Ms. Nabuurs to make arrangements.
• Eastern Eagles Soccer Club is currently looking for coaches for the summer league. Please contact Tim Simpson or see Ms. Nabuurs if you are interested in coaching. Hours can be used toward the Community Service Bursary and the volunteer work looks great on a resume!
• Women’s basketball team takes on Bluefield in A semifinal action today at Charlottetown Rural at 8 pm. Bus departs at 5 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
• Students interested in participating in Zumba classes to be held at MRHS after school please see Ms. Nabuurs this week for more information.
• Badminton Team…Students interested in playing on the Badminton team are asked to sign up at recess in Room 129(Physics Lab).
• Readers’ Circle will (finally) meet in Seminar Room A again today at 12noon. Bring your lunch and bring a friend!
• Students: Are you interested in winning an ASUS tablet from Scholastic Teen Readers Book Club?
Stop by the library and see Mrs. Killeen to fill out a ballot. It’s that easy! Deadline is next Thursday, March 5th! For more information, please visit: http://www.scholastic.ca/clubs/images/5A15/T5A15_SC.pdf
• Congratulations to our school winners of the Poetry in Voice competition: Rose Henbest is our English stream champion and Jessica Shepard will compete in the bilingual stream. We wish them luck as they move forward in the online semi-finals. A special thank you to Breanna Ching, who as runner up for the English stream was ready, willing and more than capable of filling in if needed.
• The Montague Rotary Library is looking for students willing to participate in a 6 week volunteer program which runs just 1 hour per week as well as a 1 hour training session. This informal program will pair up students with seniors in our community in order to provide the seniors with some basic computer skills and /or to help them develop new computer skills in areas of their choosing. These volunteer hours can be used towards a post secondary bursary and will also provide the students with some valuable skills of their own. Please visit the Montague Library or call Krystal at 902-838-2928 if you would be interested in participating.
• UPEI is hosting an Open Class Day, Friday, March 6th. Students can register for Open Class Day online, http://www.upei.ca/becomeastudent/open-class-days
This is a day designed to provide an overview of the Arts, Business, and Science programs, as well as a variety of sample lectures from first year courses in those areas. Students will also have opportunity to have on-site admissions, first year advising, and registration completed during the event. There is also a session at the end of the day with a representative from Student Financial Services that parents are able to attend on Student Loans and Financial Aid.
• A monthly swim for children with autism is held every month at Atlantic Fitness East. The swim is from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. the last Sunday of each month. The swim is graciously sponsored by Canada Post, so it is free of charge.
• A teen boot camp put on through go!PEI will run at 3:45 pm at Atlantic Fitness East every Tuesday for 8 weeks. The cost is $2 per person and you do not have to have a membership to attend. The class will run for about 45 minutes.
• The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to email@example.com
Katie Arsenault, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Maddy Clements, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Taylor Ferguson, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kenny, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot, Samantha Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young.
PEI U18 Women’s Rugby
In preparation for the upcoming summer rugby season, there will be a U18 development clinic held at the Chi Wan Young Sports Centre at UPEI on March 7 and 8th lead by U18 Provincial coach Shannon Atkins to work on developing and enhancing skills.
Schedule of events:
Saturday, March 7 2-4pm Skills and Drills
Sunday, March 8 10-12am Skills and Drills
12-1pm Bring your own lunch and eat at gym
1-2pm Classroom session/ questions
2-4pm Skills and Drills
Over the next few months, there will be practices and clinics leading up to exhibition games and, finally, the Eastern Canadian Rugby Championships in Belleisle, NB July 9-12, 2015.