Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Karen Malone, Jessica Campbell for Seana Evans-Renaud, Andrew Murchison for Jonathan Hayes, Hailey Butler for Matthew Killeen, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Neil Toombs for Chantelle Beaton and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Matthew Ferguson, Zachary Jenkins and Brent MacDonald!
• The IWK/QEH Toy Drive has begun once again! For the next two weeks, donations of new toys and money will be accepted. Donations/Questions can be brought to Breanna Ching or Stephanie Hinks. Thank you in advance for your support!
• There is a black pencil case with animals missing…if found please bring it to the office.
• A pair of red and black glasses have been found in the men’s locker room. If you are missing these glasses please come to the office.
• Community Badminton will be held in the Montague Regional High School Gymnasium on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7-9 pm. All ages and abilities welcome!
• Revised Triathlon schedule for morning training sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays — Pool, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays —Fitness Centre
• The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock.
• U18 PEI Men’s Rugby Camps: March 1 Three Oaks Senior High, March 7 UPEI, March 8 UPEI, March 28 Colonel Gray Senior High, March 29 Colonel Gray Senior High, April 12 Exhibition Game vs Nova Scotia @ East Hants Sportsplex, April 25 Three Oaks Senior High, April 26 Three Oaks Senior High. For more information please contact James Voye at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Students interested in volunteering at the Zone 4 Wrestling Meet on April 1 at Montague Consolidated School should please see Ms. Nabuurs to make arrangements.
• Eastern Eagles Soccer Club is currently looking for coaches for the summer league. Please contact Tim Simpson or see Ms. Nabuurs if you are interested in coaching. Hours can be used toward the Community Service Bursary and the volunteer work looks great on a resume!
• Men’s basketball team take on Westisle today in AA semifinal action at Holland College at 4 pm. Buses will depart at 2 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
• Women’s basketball team takes on Bluefield in A semifinal action on Friday at Charlottetown Rural at 8 pm. Bus departs at 5 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
• Readers’ Circle will (finally) meet in Seminar Room A again this Friday at 12noon. Bring your lunch and bring a friend!
• Students: Are you interested in winning an ASUS tablet from Scholastic Teen Readers Book Club?
Stop by the library and see Mrs. Killeen to fill out a ballot. It’s that easy! Deadline is next Thursday, March 5th! For more information, please visit: http://www.scholastic.ca/clubs/images/5A15/T5A15_SC.pdf
• The Montague Rotary Library is looking for students willing to participate in a 6 week volunteer program which runs just 1 hour per week as well as a 1 hour training session. This informal program will pair up students with seniors in our community in order to provide the seniors with some basic computer skills and /or to help them develop new computer skills in areas of their choosing. These volunteer hours can be used towards a post secondary bursary and will also provide the students with some valuable skills of their own. Please visit the Montague Library or call Krystal at 902-838-2928 if you would be interested in participating.
• UPEI is hosting an Open Class Day, Friday, March 6th. Students can register for Open Class Day online, http://www.upei.ca/becomeastudent/open-class-days
This is a day designed to provide an overview of the Arts, Business, and Science programs, as well as a variety of sample lectures from first year courses in those areas. Students will also have opportunity to have on-site admissions, first year advising, and registration completed during the event. There is also a session at the end of the day with a representative from Student Financial Services that parents are able to attend on Student Loans and Financial Aid.
• A monthly swim for children with autism is held every month at Atlantic Fitness East. The swim is from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. the last Sunday of each month. The swim is graciously sponsored by Canada Post, so it is free of charge.
• A teen boot camp put on through go!PEI will run at 3:45 pm at Atlantic Fitness East every Tuesday for 8 weeks. The cost is $2 per person and you do not have to have a membership to attend. The class will run for about 45 minutes.
• The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to email@example.com
Katie Arsenault, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Kaytlin Chandler, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Bailey Clements, Maddy Clements, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Taylor Ferguson, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kenny, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot, Samantha Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young.