Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Natasha Nabuurs, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Brian Crane for Gail Johnston, and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Brittany Beck, Sierra Belong, Ben Gallant and Cassie MacLean.
• Last day to buy Candy Grams. They will be on sale at lunch in the Ticket booth. $2.00 each.
• A very important STRIVE meeting for all members today at 11:45. Lunch will be provided.
• Any grade 10 students interested in participating in the Quebec-PEI exchange next year should see Ms McLane about an upcoming information session scheduled for Feb. 25th.
• This Friday grab a friend or a sweet heart and strike a pose! Come to the Instapic photo booth for your Valentine Polaroid. Only $2.00 each. Room #87.
• Anti-bullying “PINK” shirt day is February 19th. Pink t-shirts will be on sale in the ticket booth at lunch. $6.00 each.
• This week in the Cafeteria, spend $5.00 or more for a chance to win a free 16” pizza with up to 3 toppings.
• The IWK/QEH Toy Drive has begun once again? For the next two weeks, donations of new toys and money will be accepted. Donations/Questions can be brought to Breanna Ching or Stephanie Hinks. Thank you in advance for your support!
• The Montague Rotary Library is looking for students willing to participate in a 6 week volunteer program which runs just 1 hour per week as well as a 1 hour training session. This informal program will pair up students with seniors in our community in order to provide the seniors with some basic computer skills and /or to help them develop new computer skills in areas of their choosing. These volunteer hours can be used towards a post secondary bursary and will also provide the students with some valuable skills of their own. Please visit the Montague Library or call Krystal at 902-838-2928 if you would be interested in participating.
• Community Badminton will be held in the Montague Regional High School Gymnasium on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7-9 pm. All ages and abilities welcome!
• The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Patrick Walsh, Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock.
• New semester = new book for reading period. Stop by the library and grab a new book! Ask Mrs. Killeen for help if you need it!
• Check out the library display case for Black History Month reads! A variety of spectacular individuals are highlighted for the month of February!
• Check out Mrs. Killeen’s library blog for a variety of links to help with research papers as well as information provincial library winter programs, and much more. Blog can be accessed through school website.
• New 2nd semester Study Block Students should see Mrs. Killeen for an information sheet ASAP.
• The Canadian Association of Principals are proud to sponsor the CAP Student Leadership Award. The purpose of this award is to afford principals the opportunity to recognize one of their student leaders and to enter that student as a nominee for a national scholarship. Students can get application packages in Student Services and the deadline to hand them into Ms. Victor or Ms. Kenny is Monday, February 23rd.
• Did you know that St. Thomas University has the largest Arts undergraduate enrollment in New Brunswick? Find out why students are choosing STU to prepare themselves for careers in education, law, government, journalism, social services, and more! An Admissions representative will be visiting on Monday, February 23rd at lunch to do Admission on-the-spot and guarantee eligible students entrance scholarships. The sign-up sheet and further details are in the guidance office.
• Crandall University is having an Open Campus Day on February16, 2015. This exciting event will give students the opportunity to experience a day in the life of a Crandall student. Grade 12 students will have the opportunity to sit in on a class, meet with professors in the program(s) they are interested in, connect with other first time university students, spend the night in residence, Sunday February 15. Find out about our many new scholarships available, speak with an Admissions Counselor; if they bring their transcript they may be eligible for on-the-spot admission. The $35.00 application fee will be waived. Explore our campus and so much more.
• Parks Canada is thrilled to be once again visiting Montague High School and sharing our student employment information. We look forward in seeing you tomorrow, Thursday, February 12 at 11:45.
• The last day to buy a yearbook will be Wednesday, February 18th. Come by the yearbook office at lunch or D Block to purchase one.
• The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to email@example.com
Katie Arsenault, Ethan Bathchilder, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Alexis Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Bailey Clements, Maddy Clements, Leslie Creed, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Ryan Ferguson, Taylor Ferguson, Celestte Gamble, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kelly, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot, Samantha Pirch, Isaac Power, Merissa Rayner, Caleb Richards, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young.