It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Adam Clow for Angela Killeen, Brian Crane for Rod MacDonald, Donna White for Kelly Pike and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Jillian Hume and Mr. Kirk White.
- Candy Grams will be on sale at lunch in the Ticket booth until Thursday. $2.00 each.
- Our school will be participating in Poetry in Voice again this year, a national poetry recitation contest founded by the Griffin Trust. Last year our school champion won her trip to participate in the National Finals in Vancouver. This year our school contest will take place at the start of lunch time in Room 211 today, Wednesday February 11th. For more information, or if you need to set up a different time to perform your poems please see Ms. Burrows.
- This week in the Cafeteria, spend $5.00 or more for a chance to win a free 16” pizza with up to 3 toppings
- Community Badminton will be held in the Montague Regional High School Gymnasium on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7-9 pm. All ages and abilities welcome!
- Basketball team bus will depart for KISH from the staff parking lot at 3 pm today. Students will be dismissed at 2:45 to get ready.
- Good luck to MRHS students competing at the Canada Winter Games in Prince George, BC!
- Danielle Collings – curling
- Hope Higginbotham – hockey
- Mark Morrison – snowboard cross, giant slalom
- Brooks Roche – curling
- The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Patrick Walsh, Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock.
- On February 7 and 8, the PEI Cadets held a Provincial Biathalon Competition at Brookvale Ski Park. A biathalon competition consists of 2 elements – cross-country skiing and rifle target shooting. The competition has two categories 1.) the Sprint which is skiing for 7.5 km and then shooting 10 targets 50 meters away and 2.) the Pursuit which is skiing for 10 km and shooting 20 targets 50 meters away. Congratulations to Noah Hoskins who placed first in the Sprint and in the Pursuit and will be moving on to the regional competition at the end of February.
- New semester = new book for reading period. Stop by the library and grab a new book! Ask Mrs. Killeen for help if you need it!
- Check out the library display case for Black History Month reads! A variety of spectacular individuals are highlighted for the month of February!
- Check out Mrs. Killeen’s library blog for a variety of links to help with research papers as well as information provincial library winter programs, and much more. Blog can be accessed through school website.
- New 2nd semester Study Block Students should see Mrs. Killeen for an information sheet ASAP.
- Are you considering attending UPEI next year? Come up to Student Services and check out the new “UPEI Scholarships” bulletin board. There are 19 different scholarships that you may be eligible for as a student entering 1st year at UPEI. Most application deadlines are March 1st, so now is the time to start thinking about applying and speaking to references! Copies of printed application forms are also available.
- Did you know that Thomas University has the largest Arts undergraduate enrollment in New Brunswick? Find out why students are choosing STU to prepare themselves for careers in education, law, government, journalism, social services, and more! An Admissions representative will be visiting on Monday, February 23rd at lunch to do Admission on-the-spot and guarantee eligible students entrance scholarships. The sign-up sheet and further details are in the guidance office.
- UPEI will be visiting the school today, Wednesday, February 11, 2014 at 11:45 to present to students as well as answer any questions you may have about UPEI admissions, scholarships, and residence. UPEI will be in the Library Conference Room. Please sign up at Student Services.
- Crandall University is having an Open Campus Day on February16, 2015. This exciting event will give students the opportunity to experience a day in the life of a Crandall student. Grade 12 students will have the opportunity to sit in on a class, meet with professors in the program(s) they are interested in, connect with other first time university students, spend the night in residence, Sunday February 15. Find out about our many new scholarships available, speak with an Admissions Counselor; if they bring their transcript they may be eligible for on-the-spot admission. The $35.00 application fee will be waived. Explore our campus and so much more.
- Parks Canada is thrilled to be once again visiting Montague High School and sharing our student employment information. We look forward in seeing you tomorrow, Thursday, February 12 at 11:45.
- A very important STRIVE meeting for all members on Thursday February 12th at 11:45. Lunch will be provided.
- The last day to buy a yearbook will be Wednesday, February 18th. Come by the yearbook office at lunch or D Block to purchase one.
- The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to email@example.comKatie Arsenault, Ethan Bathchilder, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Alexis Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Bailey Clements, Maddy Clements, Leslie Creed, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Ryan Ferguson, Taylor Ferguson, Celestte Gamble, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kelly, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot, Samantha Pirch, Isaac Power, Merissa Rayner, Caleb Richards, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young.