It is a “C-D” Day
Welcome the following guest staff today: Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Harris Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Ellen MacCannell for Seana Evans-Renaud, Amy Beck for Natasha Nabuurs (am) and Karen Malone (pm), Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Melissa Maguire for Kelly Matheson (am) and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Jonah Wilton.
• Reminder: Morning examinations will begin at 9:00 am. First dismissal time is 10:30 a.m. All morning exams will be completed by 11:30 am with no extensions.
• Friday morning Exams: ENG 421A, ENG521A, ENG621A.
• Friday Afternoon Exams: FRE421, FRE521, HIS421A, HIS521A, HIS621X.
• Yearbook will be doing a snapchat page for the yearbook. If you have a funny screenshot of you or your friends please send it to email@example.com.
• A sum of money has been lost here in the school. If you find this money please turn it in to the office.
• The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Zoie Farish. Zoie did an amazing job helping the women’s basketball team to becoming champions in the Charlottetown Rural tournament this past weekend. She showed great commitment and drive to make sure everyone stayed focused.
• The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Michael Vanderzwaag – Grade 11 Forward – Mike has been in “Beast Mode” as of late, being among the team leaders in both points and rebounding this week, in a win versus Colonel Gray 2 on Monday night and close loss to Three Oaks 2 last night. Mike continues to grow his knowledge of the game and is becoming a team leader with his competitiveness and communication on the court.
• 2015 Student-Teacher Hockey Game is scheduled for February 10 at 7:30pm. Any Grade 12 students wanting to play against our esteemed, very athletic and skilled teachers, please see Ms. MacLeod to sign up! $5 fee must be paid and permission forms signed before the “draft pick” on February 3rd!!
• The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock, Owen MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Riley Lavandier.
• Experience life at Holland College for yourself! Taking a campus tour is a great way to get a better idea of what it’s like to be a student at Holland College. A student ambassador will show you around the campus of your choice, and you’ll get to experience for yourself what a hands on learning environment is like. Next Campus Tour Day is Saturday, February 7, 2015. Interested Students can register directly online at http://www.hollandcollege.com/campus-tour/
• Any Grade 12 student who is planning to apply to a Nursing Program should remember that the application deadline is earlier than most other programs. See Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
• Are you considering attending UPEI next year? Come up to Student Services and check out the new “UPEI Scholarships” bulletin board. There are 19 different scholarships that you may be eligible for as a student entering 1st year at UPEI. Most application deadlines are March 1st, so now is the time to start thinking about applying and speaking to references! Copies of printed application forms are also available.
• Students and parents are invited to the “Transition to UNB Fredericton” information evening on Wednesday, February 4th, 7pm at the Loyalist Lakeview Resort in Summerside or Thursday, February 5th, 7pm at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown. Come and have your questions about UNB Fredericton answered: programs, time and budget management, campus life, financial aid and scholarships, next steps, and lots more!! Please visit go.unb.ca/recruitment.
• Did you know that St. Thomas University has the largest Arts undergraduate enrollment in New Brunswick? Find out why students are choosing STU to prepare themselves for careers in education, law, government, journalism, social services, and more! An Admissions representative will be visiting on Monday, February 23rd at lunch to do Admission on-the-spot and guarantee eligible students entrance scholarships. The sign-up sheet and further details are in the guidance office.
• The 2015 Staples Superpower Your School Contest, brought to you in collaboration with Earth Day Canada, is now accepting entries! Don’t miss your chance to win $25,000 worth of innovative technology for your school. Entries will be accepted until January 31, 2015. See Mrs. Killeen for more information.
• Meet Theo Fleury as he signs copies of his new book, Conversations with a Rattlesnake. Following the release of his mind-blowing first book Playing with Fire, Theo Fleury joins forces with world-renowned therapist Kim Barthel in a new book that is loaded with personal insights about healing from trauma and abuse. This event will take place at Indigo Charlottetown, on Monday, January 26th at 6:00 PM
• Town Hall Meeting for Music PEI for any interested students and community members to learn about what Music PEI does. Thursday, January 29, MRHS Music Room, 7:00-8:30.
• Gymnastics will be held this week on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00-4:15pm at Montague Consolidated.
• Triathlon Students: The Fitness Center will be open at 7:00am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for training sessions. See Ms. Evans-Renaud for more information.
• Cafeteria: Students and staff are reminded that made to order fresh subs, wraps and salads are available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only.
• Athletic Clothing is now on sale in the school store, during breaks.
• All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
• Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
• Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
• Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
• Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
• Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.
• MRHS will be taking part in the 2014-15 School Health Action Planning and Evaluation System – PEI (SHAPES-PEI) survey. SHAPES-PEI asks students questions about physical activity, healthy eating, mental fitness, bullying, tobacco use, and alcohol and drug abuse. Since 2008, this ongoing study has been implemented by the Comprehensive School Health Research Group at UPEI, with support from the PEI Department of Education and Early Childhood Development and the PEI Department of Health and Wellness.
• On February 17, 2015 students in grades 10-12 with parental permission, or who are of legal age to consent to research, will take part in the survey. Parents/guardians should receive a consent form in the mail. Following the survey, the school will receive customized, school-specific results that can be shared with all members of our school community. Please visit the project website (www.upei.ca/cshr/) or call 1-888-297-8333 for more information about SHAPES-PEI.
• The following people missed the deadline for grad write-up submission to the yearbook. PLEASE write yours today and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Arsenault, Ethan Bathchilder, Austin Bernardino, Bailey Brydon, Jessie Campbell, Lucas Cann, Alexis Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Chloe Chapman, Drew Christensen, Bailey Clements, Maddy Clements, Leslie Creed, Morgan Dalton, Kelly Drake, Morgan Fall, Ryan Ferguson, Taylor Ferguson, Celestte Gamble, Noah Garnhum, Tiana Grant, Kyle Gregory, Bradford Guignard, Rowen Halliday, William Henbest, Dean Hicken, Fallyn Johnston, Briann Jones, Dalton Kemp, Quentin Kelly, Landon Labonte, Saul Lanigan, Lucas LaVie, Austin Leeco, Blake Llewellyn, Taylor MacLean, Luke MacPhee, Amie MacPherson, Patrick Martins, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Stephanie McBride, Cian McTavish, Brandon Morris, Emma Murphy, Kyle G Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Caitlyn Perrot,Samantha Pirch, Isaac Power, Merissa Rayner, Caleb Richards, Christina Rose, Jenna Schellekens, Caleb Seeley, Myles Seeley, Damien Taylor, Liam Thompson, Sam Thompson, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood, CJ Young