Morning Announcements – Tuesday, January 20, 2015 (“D-C” Day)
Welcome the following guest staff today: Amy Beck for Class Composition (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Harris Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Maggie MacLeod for Donna White (am), Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Bridget DeCourcey for Pauline Kelly (pm), Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Janet MacDougall for Bethany MacLeod, Jennifer Arsenault for Glenda McInnis and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
• The Co-Ed Poetry team will meet Wednesday at 11:15 in Rm 211. (not after school as previously scheduled).
• Cafeteria: Students and staff are reminded that made to order fresh subs, wraps and salads are available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only.
• Yearbook will be doing a snapchat page for the yearbook. If you have a funny screenshot of you or your friends please send it to email@example.com
• Mrs. Beaton’s extra help will be at 12:00 noon today.
• The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Zoie Farish. Zoie did an amazing job helping the women’s basketball team to becoming champions in the Charlottetown Rural tournament this past weekend. She showed great commitment and drive to make sure everyone stayed focused.
• 2015 Student-Teacher Hockey Game is scheduled for February 10 at 7:30pm. Any Grade 12 students wanting to play against our esteemed, very athletic and skilled teachers, please see Ms. MacLeod to sign up! $5 fee must be paid and permission forms signed before the “draft pick” on February 3rd!!
• The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock, Owen MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Riley Lavandier.
• Men’s basketball team departs for Francois buote at 2:45 pm today.
• Soccer for women and men’s teams in the gym on Wednesday at 3:15 pm.
• Town Hall Meeting for Music PEI for any interested students and community members to learn about what Music PEI does. Thursday, January 29, MRHS Music Room, 7:00-8:30.
• Experience life at Holland College for yourself! Taking a campus tour is a great way to get a better idea of what it’s like to be a student at Holland College. A student ambassador will show you around the campus of your choice, and you’ll get to experience for yourself what a hands on learning environment is like. Next Campus Tour Day is Saturday, February 7, 2015. Interested Students can register directly online at http://www.hollandcollege.com/campus-tour/
• Any Grade 12 student who is planning to apply to a Nursing Program should remember that the application deadline is earlier than most other programs. See Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
• Are you considering attending UPEI next year? Come up to Student Services and check out the new “UPEI Scholarships” bulletin board. There are 19 different scholarships that you may be eligible for as a student entering 1st year at UPEI. Most application deadlines are March 1st, so now is the time to start thinking about applying and speaking to references! Copies of printed application forms are also available.
• The 2015 Staples Superpower Your School Contest, brought to you in collaboration with Earth Day Canada, is now accepting entries! Don’t miss your chance to win $25,000 worth of innovative technology for your school. Entries will be accepted until January 31, 2015. See Mrs. Killeen for more information.
• Gymnastics will be held this week on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00-4:15pm at Montague Consolidated.
• Triathlon Students: The Fitness Center will be open at 7:00am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for training sessions. See Ms. Evans-Renaud for more information.
• Athletic Clothing is now on sale in the school store, during breaks.
• All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
• Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
• Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
• Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
• Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
• Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.