Morning Announcements – Friday, January 16, 2015 (“D-C” Day)
Welcome the following guest staff today: Ellen MacCannell for Christa Beck(am), Ellen MacCannell for Seana Evans-Renaud(pm), Amy Beck for Christie Beck(pm), Krystal Feehan for Earl Campbell, Darrell Bradley for Donna White(am), Darrell Bradley for Jonathan Hayes(pm), Harris Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Jennifer Arsenault for Karen Malone(am), Michael Brothers for Karen Malone(pm), Dean Lackie for Ronald Munn, and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Bandanprit Kaur.
• Cafeteria: Students and staff are reminded that made to order fresh subs, wraps and salads are available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only.
• Baby pictures for the Yearbook will be accepted this week from Grade 12 students in the Yearbook office at first break. Please put your name on the back of your photo before submitting.
• Yearbook will be doing a snapchat page for the yearbook. If you have a funny screenshot of you or your friends please send it to montague email@example.com
• The MRHS Male Athletes of the Week are Darius Gardiner and Colton Matheson. Darius and Colton qualified for the PEISAA Power Lifting Provincial Championships in squat, bench press, and dead lift.
• The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Nadia Smith. Nadia qualified for the PEISAA Power Lifting Provincial Championships in squat, bench press, and dead lift.
• 2015 Student-Teacher Hockey Game is scheduled for February 10 at 7:30pm. Any Grade 12 students wanting to play against our esteemed, very athletic and skilled teachers, please see Ms. MacLeod to sign up! $5 fee must be paid and permission forms signed before the “draft pick” on February 3rd!!
• The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Drew Christensen, Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock, Owen MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Riley Lavandier.
• Those students who volunteered for the Kids of Steel program at the AFC are asked to meet Adam Ross on the pool deck tomorrow at 4:20pm.
• Women’s basketball team will depart for Charlottetown rural at 1:30 pm today.
• Any Grade 12 student who possesses academic excellence, outstanding community, business or entrepreneurial leadership and have financial need should consider applying for the Schulich Leader Scholarship. Applications must be into Student Services by January 19, 2015. Any interested students should see Ms. Victor.
• Holland College will be here today, Friday, January 16, at 11:30 onward to meet one on one with Grade 12 students who have questions about programs, applications, scholarships, etc. It will be a valuable to time to speak individually with a Holland College Representative. Sign up in Student Services for a time slot.
• Experience life at Holland College for yourself! Taking a campus tour is a great way to get a better idea of what it’s like to be a student at Holland College. A student ambassador will show you around the campus of your choice, and you’ll get to experience for yourself what a hands on learning environment is like. Next Campus Tour Day is Saturday, February 7, 2015. Interested Students can register directly online at http://www.hollandcollege.com/campus-tour/
• Any Grade 12 student who is planning to apply to a Nursing Program should remember that the application deadline is earlier than most other programs. See Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
• Do you have a great energy-saving idea for your school? Submit your proposal for the School Energy Contest to win $10,000 and make your dream a reality! Registration closes January 18, 2015. See Ms. Killeen for more information.
• The 2015 Staples Superpower Your School Contest, brought to you in collaboration with Earth Day Canada, is now accepting entries! Don’t miss your chance to win $25,000 worth of innovative technology for your school. Entries will be accepted until January 31, 2015. See Mrs. Killeen for more information.
• Triathlon Students: The Fitness Center will be open at 7:00am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for training sessions. See Ms. Evans-Renaud for more information.
• Athletic Clothing is now on sale in the school store, during breaks.
• All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
• Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
• Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
• Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
• Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
• Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.