It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Harris Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Amy Beck for Class Composition (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Maggie MacLeod for Trisha Burrows, Adam Clow for Matt Kelly.
Happy Birthday to Austin Leeco, Cian McTavish, and Daniel Timen. We extend belated greetings to Peer Kristensen who celebrated his birthday this past Saturday.
Congratulations to the Target Practice Dodgeball Girls’ team for doing so well in the Island Dodgeball Tournament in Summerside on Saturday. They won three straight games in the morning to win a wildcard spot in the tournament and then went on to make the semi finals. The gals went up to the tournament to play possibly only one game in a single knockout and ended up playing seven!
- Those students who missed Mr. Trainor’s Lung Capacity Lab on Friday should report today at 11:45am to Room 131.
- Athletic Clothing is now on sale in the school store, during breaks. T-Shirts ($10) and sweaters ($30) are now available.
- Triathlon Students: Meeting in the Fitness Centre today at 12:00 noon.
- Basketball teams will depart for TOSH at 2:45 pm today. Good luck!
- Soccer in the gym from 4:00 to 5:30pm today.
- The following students have athletic jerseys that must be returned: Drew Christensen, Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Tynan Murphy, Joel Hancock, Owen MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Riley Lavandier.
- Scholastic book orders for the month of January have arrived and are available in the Library. Please see Mrs. Killeen by January 22 with your orders.
- Please visit the Library display showcase which is highlighting 13 Canadian Heritage Minutes this month. Some featured include Winnie the Pooh, Jackie Robinson and Superman.
- Numerous writing contests are still posted outside the Library.
- All Band students are reminded that the decision for the May 1 & 2 band trip will be made tomorrow. The $100 down payment will be due January 23, 2015.
- Any Grade 12 student who is planning to apply to a Nursing Program should remember that the application deadline is earlier than most other programs. See Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- There will be regular choir rehearsals at MRHS all this week.
- Triathlon Students: The Fitness Center will be open at 7:00am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for training sessions. See Ms. Evans-Renaud for more information.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.