It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Adam Clow for Peter Connaughton, Harris Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Amy Beck for Philip MacDonald (am) and Class Composition (pm), Dean Lackie for Matthew Killeen (am), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
Happy Birthday to: Colden Clory, Spencer Gillis, Donald Pepperdine, and Mr. Bobby Nicholson!
- SAVE meeting today at 11:45am in the Conference Room in the Library.
- A gold/silver cross pendant on a gold chain was found in the girls’ locker room yesterday. Please check at the main office if you are missing this item.
- Athletic Clothing is now on sale in the school store, during breaks. T-Shirts ($10) and sweaters ($30) are now available.
- Culinary students are selling tickets during the lunch break on their meal being served this Friday.
- The Basketball bus will depart for Morell at 3:45 pm.
- Triathlon Students: The Fitness Center will be open at 7:00am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for training sessions. See Ms. Evans-Renaud for more information.
- Scholastic book orders for the month of January have arrived and are available in the Library. Please see Mrs. Killeen by January 22 with your orders.
- Please visit the Library display showcase which is highlighting 13 Canadian Heritage Minutes this month. Some featured include Winnie the Pooh, Jackie Robinson and Superman.
- Numerous writing contests are still posted outside the Library.
- All Band students are reminded that the decision for the May 1 & 2 band trip will be made next Tuesday. The $100 down payment will be due January 23, 2015.
- Any Grade 12 student who is planning to apply to a Nursing Program should remember that the application deadline is earlier than most other programs. See Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- There will be regular choir rehearsals at MRHS all this week.
- There is a Footloose rehearsal at MRHS on Thursday from 3:30-5:00 for all the cast and crew.
- There is a Disney Choir rehearsal Thursday from 5:00-6:30.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.