It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Krystal Feehan for Rod MacDonald, Michael Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Harris Campbell for Angela Killeen, Michael Brothers for Matt Killeen (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
- A gold/silver cross pendant on a gold chain was found in the girls’ locker room yesterday. Please check at the main office if you are missing this item.
- There is a brief Grad Activity meeting today in Room 119 at 12 noon.
- Athletic Clothing is now on sale in the school store, during breaks. T-Shirts ($10) and sweaters ($30) are now available.
- Triathlon Students: The Fitness Center will be open at 7:00am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for training sessions. See Ms. Evans-Renaud for more information.
- Set a new goal for 2015, Give Triathlon a Tri! In co-operation with Triathlon PEI, Down East Warriors & Atlantic Fitness East, we are pleased to offer this 8 week swim program for both beginner & seasoned triathletes, KOS Kids of Steel (ages 5-12), Youth & Adults. Join UPEI head swim coach William Calhoun as he helps you ‘navigate the waters’ in preparation for the upcoming triathlon season. The swim portion of a triathlon can be intimidating at first, so let Coach Calhoun and your fellow triathletes help you through. Good coaching, encouragement and commitment will win the day, and you will have a great time too, so join us! Friday, Jan 9 – Friday, Feb 27 at Atlantic Fitness East in Montague: 4:30 – 5:30 for KOS (ages 5-12) and 5:30 – 6:30 for Youth & Adult. Fees are simply the cost of your Triathlon PEI membership. Forms will be made available on our first night, Jan 9. Fees: KOS is $5.00, Student is $30.00 and Adult is $40.00.
- All Band students are reminded that the decision for the May 1 & 2 band trip will be made next Tuesday. The $100 down payment will be due January 23, 2015.
- SAVE meeting on Wednesday, January 7, at 11:45am in the Conference Room in the Library.
- Any Grade 12 student who is planning to apply to a Nursing Program should remember that the application deadline is earlier than most other programs. See Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- There will be regular choir rehearsals at MRHS all this week.
- There is a Footloose rehearsal at MRHS on Thursday from 3:30-5:00 for all the cast and crew.
- There is a Disney Choir rehearsal Thursday from 5:00-6:30.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.