It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Jennifer Arsenault for Glenda McInnis, Amy Beck for Bethany MacLeod, Michael Brothers for Kristina McLane (pm).
Happy Birthday to Melissa Greencorn, Kayla MacAulay, Julianna Ross, Hailee White. Special greetings to Mr. Matt Kelly who is celebrating his birthday today!
- Environmental Club will meet at noon today in Room 129.
- The first official rehearsal for Footloose: The Musical will be today from 3:15 to 5:30 in the music room. All cast and crew must attend.
- All members of the choir and band must be at the school tonight at 6:30 ready to perform? Thanks!
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas Concert tonight, starting at 8:00, in the Cafeteria. Come out for an evening of fun!
- Lost: Swiss gear bag (grey) with blue zippers. If found, please return to the office.
- Holiday Spirit Days continue with the following special themes: Twin Day (today), Seasonal Swag Wear (tomorrow), PJ Day (Monday), and Viking Pride Day (Tuesday). Don’t forget the Annual MRHS Variety show! Sign-up sheet is posted outside the music room door. See Noah Perry for additional information.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Michael VanderZwaag. Michael is a Grade 11 forward in his first season with the team. Mike led his team in rebounds last week, helping the Vikings to reach the final of the Viking Classic. His play was key in wins over Morell and Souris and his ongoing hard work and improvement will make Mike a valuable member of this year’s team.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Carley MacLean. Carley demonstrated great passion and effort in the Viking Classic and was at the top of her game defensively, boxing out and leading her team in rebounds.
- Tryouts for Volleyball PEI 2015 Provincial Teams are being held on Sunday, December 28, at Birchwood Junior High School. Cost is $10/athlete. Each age group is the age (ie. 15 and under) as of Dec.31, 2015.
- 15U Girls: 9:00-10:20am
- 16U Girls: 10:25-11:45am
- 16U Boys: 1:15-2:35pm
- 18U Girls: 11:50-1:10pm
- 18U Boys: 2:40-4:00pm
- All CWS students are reminded to pass in your time sheets by Monday, December 22.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.