It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Joseph Lillo for Lianne Garland, Amy Beck for Donna White (am) and Christie Beck (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly.
- Cafeteria staff are serving their annual Christmas dinner today; you must have a pre-purchased ticket.
- Lost: Swiss gear bag (grey) with blue zippers. If found, please return to the office.
- There is a sign-up sheet for the Annual MRHS Variety show posted outside the music room door. See Noah Perry for additional information.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Michael VanderZwaag. Michael is a Grade 11 forward in his first season with the team. Mike led his team in rebounds last week, helping the Vikings to reach the final of the Viking Classic. His play was key in wins over Morell and Souris and his ongoing hard work and improvement will make Mike a valuable member of this year’s team.
- Leadership students are reminded of their supervision duties from 12-12:25 today.
- Tryouts for Volleyball PEI 2015 Provincial Teams are being held on Sunday, December 28, at Birchwood Junior High School. Cost is $10/athlete. Each age group is the age (ie. 15 and under) as of Dec.31, 2015.
- 15U Girls: 9:00-10:20am
- 16U Girls: 10:25-11:45am
- 16U Boys: 1:15-2:35pm
- 18U Girls: 11:50-1:10pm
- 18U Boys: 2:40-4:00pm
- Environmental Club will meet at noon on Thursday in Room 129.
- All CWS students are reminded to pass in your time sheets by Monday, December 22.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- The first official rehearsal for Footloose: The Musical will be Thursday, December 18, from 3:15 to 5:30 in the music room at MRHS. All cast and crew must attend.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.