It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Amy Beck for Kelly Pike, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins (pm),Angela Carpendale for Bobby Nicholson.
Happy Birthday to Anthony Cormier, Jonathan MacDonald, Jimmy Shepard.
- Girls’ Group will meet today in the Library Conference Room during B block!
- Very brief grad activity meeting TODAY in Room 119 at 12:00 noon.
- Helping Hampers: The JAM group will be collecting helping hampers today.
- Heckbert Studios will be here during lunch break (11:43 to 12:30) to deliver grad photo orders. Students are reminded that outstanding balances are due today.
- All CWS students are reminded to pass in your time sheets by Monday, December 22.
- UPEI will be visiting here today at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. All Grade 12 students who are interested in attending should sign up in Student Services.
- There is a sign-up sheet for the Annual MRHS Variety show posted outside the music room door. See Noah Perry for additional information.
- Today’s home game: Women’s Basketball Team plays Francois Buote at 5:00 pm.
- Field Hockey Players who are interested in playing indoors this winter should see the information posted on the PE bulletin board, or see Ms. Nabuurs.
- Environmental Club will meet at noon on Thursday in Room 129.
- Cafeteria will be serving a Christmas Dinner on December 17. Tickets are $7.25 each and are on sale until Tuesday in the Cafeteria. Menu includes roasted turkey with savory stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes, vegetables and milk. For dessert, they are serving blueberry cheesecake with an .Oreo cookie bottom.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- The first official rehearsal for Footloose: The Musical will be Thursday, December 18, from 3:15 to 5:30 in the music room at MRHS. All cast and crew must attend.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.