It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Janet MacDougall (am) and Michael Brothers (pm) for Kristina McLane, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
Happy Birthday to: Robert Villard.
Lost: A black pencil case with turquoise trim and 2 zippers. A reward has been offered to anyone who finds it. Please see Kelly in the office.
MRHS-Subway Viking Classic Schedule: (all games at MRHS unless otherwise noted)
- Thursday: 1:30pm – Vikings vs Charlottetown Rural
- Thursday: 3:30pm – Vikings (M) vs Charlottetown Rural
- Thursday: 5:30pm – Charlottetown Rural vs Souris
- Thursday: 7:30pm – Charlottetown Rural (M) vs Souris
- Friday: 12:30pm – Vikings vs Ecole Beauport
- Friday: 2:30pm – MRHS (M) vs. Morell
- Friday: 4:30pm – Ecole Beauport vs Souris at Montague Intermediate
- Friday: 5:00 pm – Morell (M) s Souris
- Friday: 6:30pm – Souris vs Vikings at Montague Intermediate
- Friday: 7:00pm – Souris (M) vs Vikings
- Saturday: 9:00am – Charlottetown Rural vx Ecole Beauport at Charlottetown Rural
- Saturday: 9:00am – Morell (M) vs Charlottetown Rural
- Saturday: 11:00am – Men’s Championship
- Saturday: 1:00pm – Women’s Championship
- There is a scheduled Grad Activity Committee meeting today at noon in Room 119.
- Environmental Club will meet today at noon. The short video “Climate Science: What You Need to Know” by Dr.Joe Hanson and PBS will be shown today in Room 129. New members are welcome and feel free to bring your lunches!
- The Co-Ed Poetry team will meet today at lunch in Room 211 at 11:44am.
- There will be Block Meetings for Peer Helpers today.
- Our school Library fund-raiser will be held today at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. Proceeds from all book sales will support the MRHS school library. Stop by from 5-7pm and get your Christmas shopping done, while listening to our School Choir entertain shoppers!
- Library will be closed today after school in order for library staff to attend fundraiser in Charlottetown. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please plan accordingly.
- Readers’ Circle will meet Friday in Seminar Room A at 12 noon.
- Friday’s Culinary Meal: Christmas is coming a little early! Sign up for the CUL class Christmas meal, served on Friday, December 12, at11:50am in Room 136. You’ll feast on a roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings: cloverleaf rolls, whipped potatoes, carrot, parsnip and broccoli medley, brown sugar turnip, homemade cranberry sauce, savory dressing and home style gravy. Finish the meal with candy cane bark and hot mulled cider.
- Helping Hampers: The JAM group has extended the helping hamper deadline to Tuesday, December 16. There is some tough home room competition so get your items in ASAP! Thanks!
- Malone’s extra help is scheduled for Friday.
- Heckbert Studios will be at MRHS during lunch break (11:43 to 12:30) on Tuesday, December 16, to deliver grad photo orders. Students are reminded that outstanding balances are due that day.
- Cafeteria will be serving a Christmas Dinner on December 17. Tickets are $7.25 each and are on sale now in the Cafeteria.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- The first official rehearsal for Footloose: The Musical will be Thursday, December 18, from 3:15 to 5:30 in the music room at MRHS. All cast and crew must attend.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- UPEI will be here today at 11:45. All interested students should plan on attending.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Friday when Semi Pro take on Dolls and Balls.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.