It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Janet MacDougall/Michael Brothers for Kristina McLane, Mike Hambly for Lianne Garland, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell (pm).
Happy Birthday to: Katie Davidson!
Lost: A black pencil case with turquoise trim and 2 zippers. A reward has been offered to anyone who finds it. Please see Kelly in the office.
- Breaking Down the Walls activities are continuing today for MRHS students.
- Nabuurs’ extra help will be at noon today instead of after school. Room 87.
- Malone’s extra help after school has been cancelled. There will be extra help at lunch on Friday.
- Students, if you have yet to receive your picture orders, can you please see Mrs. Killeen right away.
- There is a scheduled Grad Activity Committee meeting on Thursday at noon in Room 119.
- There will be Block Meetings for Peer Helpers on Thursday, December 11.
- Heckbert Studios will be at MRHS during lunch break (11:43 to 12:30) on Tuesday, December 16, to deliver grad photo orders. Students are reminded that outstanding balances are due that day.
- Cafeteria will be serving a Christmas Dinner on December 17. Tickets are $7.25 each and are on sale now in the Cafeteria.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- Christmas is coming a little early! Sign up for the CUL class Christmas meal, served on Friday, December 12 at11:50am in Room 136. You’ll feast on a roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings: cloverleaf rolls, whipped potatoes, carrot, parsnip and broccoli medley, brown sugar turnip, homemade cranberry sauce, savory dressing and home style gravy. Finish the meal with candy cane bark and hot mulled cider.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- Readers’ Circle will meet Friday in Seminar Room A at 12 noon.
- Our school Library fund-raiser will be held this Thursday, December 11, at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. Proceeds from all book sales will support the MRHS school library. Stop by from 5-7pm and get your Christmas shopping done, while listening to our School Choir entertain shoppers!
- Library will be closed Thursday after school in order for library staff to attend fundraiser in Charlottetown. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please plan accordingly.
- UPEI will be here Thursday, December 11, at 11:45. All interested students should plan on attending. Location to be determined.
- Attention students and teachers, just for clarification, the food in Student Services may only be eaten during break and lunch time.
- Next Dodgeball Action: Wednesday when A-Team takes on Crash Test Dummies.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.