It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Janet MacDougall/Michael Brothers for Kristina McLane, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Dean Lackie for Anne MacKinnon, Krystal Feehan for Rod MacDonald (am), Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Happy Birthday to: Colby Stewart! We extend belated greetings to Anthony McGuigan who celebrated his birthday last Friday!
Congrats! The 15th annual PEI Senior High Honour Band was held on the weekend of November 28 to 30 at Colonel Gray High School. The band was directed by Mr. Mark Adam from Acadia University. The representatives from MRHS were Noah Perry (French Horn), Ryan Holland (Alto Saxophone), and Jacob McSweeney (Tuba). The weekend culminated with a public performance on Sunday afternoon in which the ensemble displayed a very mature stage presence coupled with superior performance ability. Bravo to Noah, Ryan, and Jacob for representing MRHS with such professionalism.
- The following students please see Mrs. Power today: Lydia Butler, Eve MacKinnon, Faith McLeod, Robert Villard, Sierra MacDonald, Cody Taylor, Noah Perry, Alex MacKinnon, Julianna Ross, Sierra Belong, Abby McManus and Danielle Villard.
- No Student Council Meeting today.
- There will be a very important meeting for the Small Ensemble today at first break in Learning Centre B.
- School Pictures: Even though our order date is passed, you can still order school portraits at MyLifetouch.ca. Online orders will be shipped home when there is a shipping fee applied to the order and will ship to school if there is no shipping fee applied.
- There is a scheduled Grad Activity Committee meeting on Thursday at noon in Room 119.
- Heckbert Studios will be at MRHS during lunch break (11:43 to 12:30) on Tuesday, December 16, to deliver grad photo orders. Students are reminded that outstanding balances are due that day.
- Cafeteria will be serving a Christmas Dinner on December 17. Tickets are $7.25 each and are on sale now in the Cafeteria.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- Christmas is coming a little early! Sign up for the CUL class Christmas meal, served on Friday, December 12 at11:50am in Room 136. You’ll feast on a roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings: cloverleaf rolls, whipped potatoes, carrot, parsnip and broccoli medley, brown sugar turnip, homemade cranberry sauce, savory dressing and home style gravy. Finish the meal with candy cane bark and hot mulled cider.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- Our school Library fund-raiser will be held this Thursday, December 11, at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. Proceeds from all book sales will support the MRHS school library. Stop by from 5-7pm and get your Christmas shopping done, while listening to our School Choir entertain shoppers!
- Today’s Dodgeball Action: Staff Hawks play Dodge the Bounty Hunter. Next game is Wednesday when A-Team takes on Crash Test Dummies.
- Women’s Basketball vs. Colonel Gray #1 at 5:30pm. Come out and cheer on your fellow Viking!
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.