It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, Greg Felix for Carl Evans, Jessica Campbell for Glenda McInnis, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Amy Beck for Christie Beck, Mike Hambly for Charlie Trainor, Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell (pm), Ellen MacCannell, Tara Johnston for Pauline Kelly
- All students who applied to volunteer at the Hospital and Manor are reminded of your training session today at the Hospital Boardroom. Also, any student who volunteered last year does not need to attend the training sessions as they are not retraining volunteers from last year.
- Grad write ups for the Yearbook are due this Friday. Sheets are available in the main office.
- Last day to purchase Christmas Dance Tickets! Price is $10. Students will not be able to buy a Christmas Dance ticket until student fees and athletic fees are paid, and all school uniforms have been returned. Students are reminded that you need a signed contract in order to purchase a ticket and you can pick up contracts in the main office.
- Notice to those attending the Christmas Dance: Doors will close at 8:30pm and no kit bags will be permitted into the school that evening.
- School Pictures: Even though our order date is passed, you can still order school portraits at MyLifetouch.ca. Online orders will be shipped home when there is a shipping fee applied to the order and will ship to school if there is no shipping fee applied.
- The Co-Ed Poetry team will meet Thursday at 11:44am in Room 211.
- The Environmental Club will meet tomorrow at 12 noon in Room 129.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- Christmas is coming a little early! Sign up for the CUL class Christmas meal, served on Friday, December 12 at11:50am in Room 136. You’ll feast on a roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings: cloverleaf rolls, whipped potatoes, carrot, parsnip and broccoli medley, brown sugar turnip, homemade cranberry sauce, savoury dressing and home style gravy. Finish the meal with candy cane bark and hot mulled cider.
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- UPEI will have a booth set up at lunch today for any interested students.
- Holland College has rescheduled their visit and is coming Thursday, December 4, at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room. All Grade 12’s are welcome. Please sign up in Student Services.
- SAVE meeting at noon time today in the Conference Room in the Library.
- Brad Trecartin from UNB Saint John is going to be at the Tim Hortons in Montague between 6and 8pm on December 4. You are welcome to bring a parent, a friend or just yourself. They’re keeping it casual and the coffee is on them!
- Our school Library fund-raiser will be held on Thursday, December 11, at Chapters Indigo in Charlottetown. Proceeds from all book sales will support the MRHS school library. Stop by from 5-7pm and get your Christmas shopping done, while listening to our School Choir entertain shoppers!
- Orders from the holiday book flyers from Scholastic are due to Mrs. Killeen before Thursday, December 4, to ensure delivery for Christmas.
- Christmas Magic: Budding authors and poets from 5 to 18 years of age are invited to share their favourite Christmas stories with the PEI Teachers’ Federation. To share your story or poem, go to theguardian.pe.ca and click on “Win with the Guardian” and follow the links to upload your submission. For more details, see Mrs. Killeen in the Library. Deadline is December 8, 2014.
- Polar Expressions 9th Annual Student Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) deadline is Friday, December 5, 2014. Last year we had two students enter and both were featured in the final book! Lots of $ awarded for prizes! Information available from Mrs. Killeen or by following this link: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/EntryForms/StudentPoetryEntryForm2014-2015.pd
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Chandler Gordon. Chandler is a Grade 10 Guard for the Men’s Basketball team. Chandler is new to the sport, but works hard at improving his skills and his understanding of the game. In his first game of the season, Chandler was a tough defender and showed that he was willing to mix it up with the opponent’s better players.
- Today’s Dodgeball Action: Semi Pro plays Dodge the Bounty Hunter. Next game is on Thursday when Dolls and Balls take on the Crash Test Dummies.
- The following students have not returned uniforms. Athletes who have not turned in their uniforms will not be permitted to purchase Christmas Dance tickets.
- Baseball: Owen MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Riley Lavandier, Kyle Murphy, Derian Johnson, Max Morrison, Joel Hancock
- Field Hockey: Bethany MacKenzie
- Volleyball: Ross Power, David Thompson, Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Tynan Murphy, Alexander MacKinnon, Molly Stewart,
- Soccer: Matthew Quinn, Emma Collings, Jenna Schellekens.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to the main office.
- Women’s Field Hockey: Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Max Morrison
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh
- The following students still haven’t returned their Google Apps forms: Colden Clory, Peer Kristensen, Maegan Pauley, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.
Public Service Announcements:
- Youth Alive: A youth night at St. Andrew’s Church in Montague (located right beside the Post Office), on this Friday Dec. 5 at 8:00 pm. A great Rockin’ band followed by food and fellowship! Come and bring your friends. Everyone is welcome! Spread the word.