It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Amy Beck, Anna Howlett for Jonathan Hayes, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Krystal Feehan for Rod MacDonald, Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson (pm).
Happy Birthday to Regan MacIsaac and Shae Lynn Morrison. Belated greetings to Faith Best who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.
- Congratulations to Brooks Roche and Danielle Collings who qualified for the Canada Games in Curling this past weekend.
- There will be a very important Disney Choir rehearsal after school today from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- The list for the cast of Footloose: The Musical is posted on the music room door.
- Christmas Dance Tickets are now on sale. Price is $10. Students will not be able to buy a Christmas Dance ticket until student fees and athletic fees are paid, and all school uniforms have been returned. Students are reminded to pick up contracts in the main office.
- Notice to those attending the Christmas Dance: Doors will close at 8:30pm and no kit bags will be permitted into the school that evening.
- School Pictures: Even though our order date is passed, you can still order school portraits at MyLifetouch.ca. Online orders will be shipped home when there is a shipping fee applied to the order and will ship to school if there is no shipping fee applied.
- Cafeteria Special tomorrow: Carving Station with tender roast beef, twice baked potato and seasonal vegetables for $6. You can add a berry vanilla crepe for $1.75.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- Brad Trecartin from UNB Saint John is going to be at the Tim Hortons in Montague between 6and 8pm on December 4. You are welcome to bring a parent, a friend or just yourself. They’re keeping it casual and the coffee is on them!
- Mount Allison University will have an information session for Grade 12 students today at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holiday book flyers from Scholastic have arrived. Please see Mrs. Killeen before Thursday, December 4, to ensure delivery for Christmas.
- Polar Expressions 9th Annual Student Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) deadline is Friday, December 5, 2014. Last year we had two students enter and both were featured in the final book! Lots of $ awarded for prizes! Information available from Mrs. Killeen or by following this link: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/EntryForms/StudentPoetryEntryForm2014-2015.pd
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Chandler Gordon. Chandler is a Grade 10 Guard for the Men’s Basketball team. Chandler is new to the sport, but works hard at improving his skills and his understanding of the game. In his first game of the season, Chandler was a tough defender and showed that he was willing to mix it up with the opponent’s better players.
- No Wrestling practice today.
- Today’s Dodgeball Action: A-Team takes on Team Switzerland. Next game is on Wednesday when Semi Pro plays Dodge the Bounty Hunter.
- The following students have not returned uniforms. Athletes who have not turned in their uniforms will not be permitted to purchase Christmas Dance tickets.
- Baseball: Owen MacDonald, Jonathan MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Nolan Hicken, Riley Lavandier, Kyle Murphy, Derian Johnson, Max Morrison, Joel Hancock
- Field Hockey: Ali White, Billie MacKay, Deanna Morris, Chloe Chapman, Emily Brothers, Bethany MacKenzie
- Volleyball: Ross Power, Mark Morrison, David Thompson, Colton Morris, Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Jake Banks, Tynan Murphy, Alexander MacKinnon, Emma Mullally, Molly Stewart, Cassie MacLean, Allee Gallant, Tanisha Victor.
- Soccer: Marcus Miller, Matthew Quinn, Emma Collings, Jenna Schellekens.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to the main office.
- Women’s Field Hockey: Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Max Morrison
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh
- The following students still haven’t returned their Google Apps forms: Colden Clory, Peer Kristensen, Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Maegan Pauley, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.
Public Service Announcements:
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will hold the first classroom theory class here at Montague Regional High today, starting at 3:30. Students are reminded that this is a compulsory class to attend. Please bring $2 for a pizza break halfway through class. Larry’s Montague numbers are large enough to hold a local class but there are still a few spaces open for students who will be soon turning 16 years of age.