It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Dean Lackie for Caleigh Oehlke, Amy Beck for Bethany MacLeod, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly (pm).
- Christmas Dance Tickets are now on sale. Price is $10. Students will not be able to buy a Christmas Dance ticket until student fees and athletic fees are paid, and all school uniforms have been returned. Students are reminded to pick up contracts in the main office. Sign-in contracts are due today.
- Grad Activity Committee will have a meeting today at noon in Room 119.
- Readers’ Circle will meet in the Library Seminar room today at 12:05pm. Bring a lunch and a friend!
- School Pictures: Even though our order date is passed, you can still order school portraits at MyLifetouch.ca. Online orders will be shipped home when there is a shipping fee applied to the order and will ship to school if there is no shipping fee applied.
- Culinary Class is serving a meal today. Don’t forget to visit the Culinary Lab to pick up your order.
- Students will not be able to buy a Christmas Dance ticket until student fees and athletic fees are paid, and all school uniforms have been returned. Students are reminded to pick up contracts in the main office. Sign-in contracts are due on Friday, November 28.
- Cafeteria Special Next Tuesday (December 2): Carving Station with tender roast beef, twice baked potato and seasonal vegetables for $6. You can add a berry vanilla crepe for $1.75.
- MRHS Choirs and Bands will present their annual Christmas concert on Thursday, December 18, at 8:00pm in the Cafeteria. “Snow Tunes” will feature Christmas selections performed by the MRHS choir, vocal class, men’s ensemble, women’s ensemble, small ensemble, concert band, and jazz band. Admission is $5 per person or $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction, and it is guaranteed to be a night filled with music and fun!
- Culinary Meal planned for Friday, January 9 (Cost is still $8.): For the last meal of the semester, the Culinary class brings you green peppers stuffed with cream cheese, bacon bits and fresh cheddar cheese. The main dish is delicious pulled pork on a keizer roll bun. There will be sweet potato fries served with a side of coleslaw. Finish off the meal with an oreo trifle for dessert and hot chocolate to warm you up!
- All students who applied to volunteer at the Hospital and Manor have been approved. Your training session is at 3:30 on Wednesday, December 3, in the Boardroom at the hospital. Also, any student who volunteered last year does not need to attend the training sessions as they are not retraining volunteers from last year, Any questions please come and see Ms.Victor.
- UNB Saint Johnwill have an information session for Grade 12 students today at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Mount Allison University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Monday, December 1, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holiday book flyers from Scholastic have arrived. Please see Mrs. Killeen before Thursday, December 4, to ensure delivery for Christmas.
- Polar Expressions 9th Annual Student Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) deadline is Friday, December 5, 2014. Last year we had two students enter and both were featured in the final book! Lots of $ awarded for prizes! Information available from Mrs. Killeen or by following this link: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/EntryForms/StudentPoetryEntryForm2014-2015.pd
- Check out the “Movember” Library book display case and make a donation to this worthy cause.
- Today’s Dodgeball Action: Ball of Duty plays No Hit Sherlock! Next game is on Monday when A-Team takes on Team Switzerland.
- Today is National Jersey Day! Did you dig out your favourite jersey and wear it to school?
- The following students have not returned uniforms. Athletes who have not turned in their uniforms will not be permitted to purchase Christmas Dance tickets.
- Baseball: Owen MacDonald, Jonathan MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Nolan Hicken, Riley Lavandier, Kyle Murphy, Derian Johnson, Max Morrison, Joel Hancock
- Field Hockey: Ali White, Billie MacKay, Deanna Morris, Chloe Chapman, Emily Brothers, Bethany MacKenzie
- Volleyball: Ross Power, Mark Morrison, David Thompson, Colton Morris, Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Jake Banks, Tynan Murphy, Alexander MacKinnon, Emma Mullally, Madi Jay, Molly Stewart, Cassie MacLean, Allee Gallant, Tanisha Victor.
- Soccer: Marcus Miller, Matthew Quinn, Emma Collings, Jenna Schellekens.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to the main office.
- Women’s Field Hockey: Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Max Morrison
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh
- Are you looking for a way to get volunteer hours or make some money? Volunteers are needed for score keeping for home basketball games. Students are compensated by volunteer hours or $10 per game. Any students interested are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- The following students still haven’t returned their Google Apps forms: Colden Clory, Peer Kristensen, Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Maegan Pauley, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.
Public Service Announcements:
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will hold the first classroom theory class here at Montague Regional High on Monday, December 01, 2014, starting at 3:30. Students are reminded that this is a compulsory class to attend. Please bring $2 for a pizza break halfway through class. Larry’s Montague numbers are large enough to hold a local class but there are still a few spaces open for students who will be soon turning 16 years of age.
- Belfast Recreation Centre Christmas Fair: Saturday, November 29, 9:00am to 3:00pm. Over twenty vendors, gift basket draw, 50/50; brought to you by Belfast Historical Society.