It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Mike Hambly for Mary Ellen Campbell, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Amy Beck for Maureen MacDonald, Jessica Campbell for Alana Trainor, Joseph Lillo for Matt Killeen, Marc Maillet for Jennifer Victor.
Happy Birthday to: Daniel Grant, Jesse Lafferty, Rebecca Martell
- There will be a SNAC meeting today at the beginning of lunch in Room 87.
- There will be a Caring Hearts Club meeting at 11:45 today in Room 226.
- Malone’s extra help will be today at lunch instead of after school.
- Nabuurs’ extra help is postponed until Wednesday at 3:10 pm.
- Students will not be able to buy a Christmas Dance ticket until student fees and athletic fees are paid, and all school uniforms have been returned. Students are reminded to pick up contracts in the main office. Sign-in contracts are due on Friday, November 28.
- Environmental Club will meet on Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 129.
- Cafeteria Special on Thursday, November 27: Carving Station with tender roast beef, twice baked potato and seasonal vegetables for $6. You can add a berry vanilla crepe for $1.75.
- Friday’s Culinary Meal: For an appetizer start with a Baby Bok Choy Salad with green onions, bok choy and chow main noodles tossed in a homemade dressing, accompanied by a flaky pretzel lightly salted. For the main course, there is a four cheese macaroni casserole with Italian sausage. Dessert is a delectable cheesecake brownie and to wash it all down there is a strawberry raspberry smoothie. This meal is sure to leave you wanting more! Price is $8; tickets available during lunch break in the main lobby.
- Dalhousie University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Wednesday, November 26, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Thomas University is coming on Wednesday, November 26. Any student who would like to meet with them MUST give his/her name to Ms. MacGregor Harris.
- Saint Mary’s University will be hosting a Fall Information Session at the Holiday Inn Charlottetown from 7:00pm to 8:30pm on Wednesday, November 26. If students haven’t yet applied, they will be waiving the application fee at the event! You just need an official sealed transcript of their Grade 11 marks. The Information Session is a great way for Parents and Students to learn more about the Services available on campus, and a great place to have any questions answered!
- Holland Collegewill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Thursday, November 27, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- UNB Saint Johnwill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Friday, November 28, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Mount Allison University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Monday, December 1, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holiday book flyers from Scholastic have arrived. Please see Mrs. Killeen before Thursday, December 4, to ensure delivery for Christmas.
- Polar Expressions 9th Annual Student Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) deadline is Friday, December 5, 2014. Last year we had two students enter and both were featured in the final book! Lots of $ awarded for prizes! Information available from Mrs. Killeen or by following this link: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/EntryForms/StudentPoetryEntryForm2014-2015.pd
- Check out the “Movember” Library book display case and make a donation to this worthy cause.
- Basketball consent forms and fees will be collected in the uniform room today and Wednesday from 12:00 to 12:20pm. Fee is $75. Athletes who have not turned these items in will not be allowed to play on Wednesday.
- Show your support for sport on National Jersey Day – November 28! Dig out your favourite jersey, team or club uniform and wear it to school!
- Next Dodgeball Action: Wednesday when Dream Team 06 plays Hit Me Up.
- The following students have not returned uniforms. Athletes who have not turned in their uniforms will not be permitted to purchase Christmas Dance tickets.
- Baseball: Owen MacDonald, Jonathan MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Nolan Hicken, Riley Lavandier, Kyle Murphy, Derian Johnson, Max Morrison, Joel Hancock
- Field Hockey: Ali White, Billie MacKay, Deanna Morris, Chloe Chapman, Emily Brothers, Bethany MacKenzie
- Volleyball: Ross Power, Mark Morrison, David Thompson, Colton Morris, Patrick Walsh, Cameron Gillis, Jake Banks, Tynan Murphy, Alexander MacKinnon, Emma Mullally, Rebecca Martens, Grace Rooney, Madi Jay, Molly Stewart, Carley MacLean, Cassie MacLean, Allee Gallant, Tanisha Victor.
- Soccer: Marcus Miller, Ryan Curran, Jonah Wilton, Michael VanderZwaag, Matthew Quinn, Drew Christensen, Zach Lund, Baillie Campbell, Emma Collings, Jory Donovan, Hannah Glover, Katie Jordan, Sierra MacDonald, Taylor MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Sarah MacVarish, Paige Miller, Amy Moore, Jenna Schellekens, Brooke Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Bailey Jackson, Sarah Visser.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to the main office.
- Women’s Field Hockey: Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Max Morrison
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh
- Are you looking for a way to get volunteer hours or make some money? Volunteers are needed for score keeping for home basketball games. Students are compensated by volunteer hours or $10 per game. Any students interested are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- The following students still haven’t returned their Google Apps forms: Colden Clory, Peer Kristensen, Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Maegan Pauley, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison-Ryan, are working out of Room 220 (Teacher Prep Room beside Staff Room). Have a Question? Concern? Issue? Need to chat? Come see them in Room #202 and ask for Jenn and Tash or email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.
Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will hold the first classroom theory class here at Montague Regional High on Monday, December 01, 2014, starting at 3:30. Students are reminded that this is a compulsory class to attend. Please bring $2 for a pizza break halfway through class. Larry’s Montague numbers are large enough to hold a local class but there are still a few spaces open for students who will be soon turning 16 years of age.