It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Amy Beck for Natasha Nabuurs, Dean Lackie for Peter Connaughton, Jessica Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Neil Toombs for Lianne Garland.
Happy Birthday to: Taylor MacDonald. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Peter MacKinnon, Logan Kennedy, Saul Lanigan, Tamara Vandenberghe.
- School picture retake orders are due today.
- Guys/Girls/Staff: There’s a sign-up sheet in the gym hallway for a Memorial Ball Hockey game for Marc White tomorrow at lunch. The more people, the better! Come celebrate a great life.
- There will be a SNAC meeting Tuesday at the beginning of lunch in Room 87.
- Malone’s extra help will be Tuesday at lunch instead of after school.
- Dalhousie University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Wednesday, November 26, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holland Collegewill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Thursday, November 27, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- UNB Saint Johnwill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Friday, November 28, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Mount Allison University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Monday, December 1, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holiday book flyers from Scholastic have arrived. Please see Mrs. Killeen before Thursday, December 4, to ensure delivery for Christmas.
- Polar Expressions 9th Annual Student Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) deadline is Friday, December 5, 2014. Last year we had two students enter and both were featured in the final book! Lots of $ awarded for prizes! Information available from Mrs. Killeen or by following this link: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/EntryForms/StudentPoetryEntryForm2014-2015.pd
- Check out the “Movember” Library book display case and make a donation to this worthy cause.
- Basketball consent forms and fees will be collected in the uniform room on Tuesday and Wednesday from 12:00 to 12:20pm. Fee is $75. Athletes who have not turned these items in will not be allowed to play on Wednesday.
- Show your support for sport on National Jersey Day – November 28! Dig out your favourite jersey, team or club uniform and wear it to school!
- Today’s Dodgeball Action: Who Let the Dodge Out plays Klumsy Kyle. Next game is Wednesday when Dream Team 06 plays Hit Me Up.
- The following students have not returned uniforms. Athletes who have not turned in their uniforms will not be permitted to purchase Christmas Dance tickets.
- Baseball: Owen MacDonald, Jonathan MacDonald, Dean Carroll, Nolan Hicken, Riley Lavandier, Kyle Murphy, Derian Johnson, Max Morrison, Joel Hancock
- Field Hockey: Ali White, Billie MacKay, Deanna Morris, Chloe Chapman, Emily Brothers, Bethany MacKenzie
- Volleyball: Ross Power, Mark Morrison, David Thompson, Colton Morris, Patrick Walsh, Dawson Lund, Cameron Gillis, Jake Banks, Tynan Murphy, Alexander MacKinnon, Emma Mullally, Rebecca Martens, Grace Rooney, Madi Jay, Molly Stewart, Carley MacLean, Cassie MacLean, Allee Gallant, Tanisha Victor.
- Soccer: Marcus Miller, Ryan Curran, Jonah Wilton, Michael VanderZwaag, Matthew Quinn, Drew Christensen, Zach Lund, Baillie Campbell, Emma Collings, Jory Donovan, Hannah Glover, Katie Jordan, Sierra MacDonald, Taylor MacDonald, Michaela MacSwain, Sarah MacVarish, Paige Miller, Amy Moore, Jenna Schellekens, Brooke Stewart, Kirsten Whiteway, Bailey Jackson, Sarah Visser.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to the main office.
- Women’s Field Hockey: Chloe Chapman, Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Max Morrison
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh
- Are you looking for a way to get volunteer hours or make some money? Volunteers are needed for score keeping for home basketball games. Students are compensated by volunteer hours or $10 per game. Any students interested are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- The following students still haven’t returned their Google Apps forms: Colden Clory, Peer Kristensen, Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Maegan Pauley, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison-Ryan, are working out of Room 220 (Teacher Prep Room beside Staff Room). Have a Question? Concern? Issue? Need to chat? Come see them in Room #202 and ask for Jenn and Tash or email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.
Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will hold the first classroom theory class here at Montague Regional High on Monday, December 01, 2014, starting at 3:30. Students are reminded that this is a compulsory class to attend. Please bring $2 for a pizza break halfway through class. Larry’s Montague numbers are large enough to hold a local class but there are still a few spaces open for students who will be soon turning 16 years of age.