It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Ellen MacCannell, Trevor MacDonald for Anne MacKinnon, Michael Hambly for Karen Malone, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Brian Crane for Toby Murphy, Janet MacDougall for Bethany MacLeod, Neil Toombs for Lianne Garland, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Jessica Campbell for Christie Beck
Happy Birthday to: Justin Bailey, Colton Morris.
- Those student who missed Mr. Trainor’s BIO521 Blood Cell Lab on Tuesday or Wednesday should meet in Room 131 at 11:45am today.
- Movember Participants: There will be a photo for the Eastern Graphic at 12:20 in the Main Lobby for all those participating in the Movember Challenge.
- Disney Choir members: Your November trip payments are due to Ms. McInnis today.
- Disney Choir: No rehearsal today due to Ms. Beck’s absence.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings today.
- Environmental Club: The first meeting of the Environmental Club will be held today in Room 129 at 12 noon. Anyone interested in taking part is welcome to attend. This first meeting will focus on the club’s goals/mandate. If you have an interest in the environment and have ideas of what an environmental club can accomplish, then feel free to attend.
- Yearbook sales are ongoing during lunch break. Don’t forget to order yours for $48!
- “Footloose” audition schedule is posted on the music room door.
- Guys/Girls/Staff: There’s a sign-up sheet in the gym hallway for a Memorial Ball Hockey game for Marc White next Tuesday at lunch. The more people, the better! Come celebrate a great life.
Any students interested in meeting with St. Thomas University need to see Ms. Victor today. If she is not there please leave your name in her window box.
Dalhousie University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Wednesday, November 26, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holland Collegewill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Thursday, November 27, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- UNB Saint Johnwill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Friday, November 28, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Mount Allison University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Monday, December 1, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holiday book flyers from Scholastic have arrived. Please see Mrs. Killeen before Thursday, December 4, to ensure delivery for Christmas.
- Polar Expressions 9th Annual Student Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) deadline is Friday, December 5, 2014. Last year we had two students enter and both were featured in the final book! Lots of $ awarded for prizes! Information available from Mrs. Killeen or following this link: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/EntryForms/StudentPoetryEntryForm2014-2015.pd
- Check out the “Movember” Library book display case and make a donation to this worthy cause.
- Show your support for sport on National Jersey Day – November 28! Dig out your favourite jersey, team or club uniform and wear it to school!
- Today’s Dodgeball Action: Crash Test Dummies play Dodge the Bounty Hunter. Next game is on Monday when Who Let the Dodge Out take on Klumsy Kyle.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to the main office.
- Men’s Soccer: Milo Ryan
- Women’s Field Hockey: Chloe Chapman, Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Max Morrison
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh, Donavan Bears
- Powerlifting: Jasmine Knight
- Are you looking for a way to get volunteer hours or make some money? Volunteers are needed for score keeping for home basketball games. Students are compensated by volunteer hours or $10 per game. Any students interested are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- The following students still haven’t returned their Google Apps forms: Colden Clory, Peer Kristensen, Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Maegan Pauley, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook.
- School picture retake proofs and ID cards have arrived. Orders are due Monday, November 24.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison-Ryan, are working out of Room 220 (Teacher Prep Room beside Staff Room). Have a Question? Concern? Issue? Need to chat? Come see them in Room #202 and ask for Jenn and Tash or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.