It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Michael Brothers for Bobby Nicholson (pm), Adam Clow for Kelly Pike (pm), Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, Krystal Feehan for Rod MacDonald (pm), Michael Hambly for Lianne Garland, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
- SNAC meeting today during lunch break in Room 87.
- There will be a JAM meeting at 11:42 today in Learning Centre B.
- There will be a SAVE meeting today at Student Services at 12:00 noon.
- School picture retake proofs and ID cards have arrived. Orders are due Monday, November 24.
- Students who are looking for index cards are reminded that they are available in the Student Store; price is $1.50 per package.
- Disney Choir members are reminded to have your November trip payments in to Ms. McInnis tomorrow. You also have rehearsal from 3:30 to 5:00pm tomorrow.
- All those who signed up to audition for “Footloose” should check the music room door for your audition times.
- Acadia University will have an information session for Grade 12 students today at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Dalhousie University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Wednesday, November 26, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holland Collegewill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Thursday, November 27, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- UNB Saint Johnwill have an information session for Grade 12 students on Friday, November 28, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Mount Allison University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Monday, December 1, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Holiday book flyers from Scholastic have arrived. Please see Mrs. Killeen before Thursday, December 4, to ensure delivery for Christmas.
- Polar Expressions 9th Annual Student Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) deadline is Friday, December 5, 2014. Last year we had two students enter and both were featured in the final book! Lots of $ awarded for prizes! Information available from Mrs. Killeen or following this link: http://www.polarexpressions.ca/EntryForms/StudentPoetryEntryForm2014-2015.pd
- Check out the “Movember” Library book display case and make a donation to this worthy cause.
- Show your support for sport on National Jersey Day – November 28! Dig out your favourite jersey, team or club uniform and wear it to school!
- Today’s Dodgeball Action: Dolls and Balls play Team Switzerland. Next game is tomorrow (Thursday) when Crash Test Dummies take on Dodge the Bounty Hunter.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to Ms. Nabuurs or the main office:
- Men’s Soccer: Matthew Quinn, Milo Ryan
- Women’s Field Hockey: Chloe Chapman, Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Patrick Walsh, Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Max Morrison
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh, Donavan Bears
- Powerlifting: Morganne Rice, Jasmine Knight, Breanna Ching
- Are you looking for a way to get volunteer hours or make some money? Volunteers are needed for score keeping for home basketball games. Students are compensated by volunteer hours or $10 per game. Any students interested are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings on Thursday (tomorrow).
- There will be a rehearsal for “Here Comes Treble” tomorrow morning at 7:30.
- Environmental Club: The first meeting of the Environmental Club will be held this Thursday in Room 129 at 12 noon. Anyone interested in taking part is welcome to attend. This first meeting will focus on the club’s goals/mandate. If you have an interest in the environment and have ideas of what an environmental club can accomplish, then feel free to attend.
- Yearbook sales have been extended to Thursday, November 20, during lunch break for $48.
- The new audition times for MRHS’s production of Footloose are posted on the music room door at MRHS. They are rescheduled for Friday, November 28.
- The following students still haven’t returned their Google Apps forms: Colden Clory, Peer Kristensen, Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Maegan Pauley, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison-Ryan, are working out of Room 220 (Teacher Prep Room beside Staff Room). Have a Question? Concern? Issue? Need to chat? Come see them in Room #202 and ask for Jenn and Tash or email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box are removed and donated at the end of each month. If you are missing any items, please check this box.