It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Jessica Campbell for Angela Killeen, Amy Beck for Trisha Burrows, Janet MacDougall for Bethany MacLeod, Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell, Mike Hambly for Kelly Pike.
- The following students need to return their Google Apps forms immediately: Stephanie Bailey, Faith Best, Colden Clory, Alexis Giersdorf, Peer Kristensen, Kyle Llewellyn, Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Owen MacDonald, Marshal McLeod, Emma Mullally, Tristan Ohl, Maegan Pauley, Donald Pepperdine, Jessica Pirch, Brandon JC Quinn, Derek Snook
- There will be a SAVE Meeting at lunch time today in Student Services. Please bring your lunches with you.
Remembrance Day Quick Facts:
- Remembrance Day is a federal statutory holiday in Canada. It is also a statutory holiday in three territories (Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut) and in six provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador).
- The national ceremony is held at the National War Memorial in Ottawa. The Governor General of Canada presides over the ceremony. It is also attended by the Prime Minister, other government officials, representatives of Veterans’ organizations, diplomatic representatives, other dignitaries, Veterans as well as the general public.
- Memorial University is having an information session for any Grade 12 students and their parents today, November 5 at 7:00 pm in Charlottetown at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel.
- Dalhousie Faculty of Agriculture is having an Open House on November 7.
- Holland College is having an Open House on November 15 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. You must register online at hollandcollege.com/campus-tour. Bring your applications and resume and they will waive your registration fee. If you have any questions please come see Ms. MacGregor-Harris or Ms. Victor.
- The University of Toronto is inviting any Grade 12 students, along with their parents, to an information session on November 17 at 7:00 pm in Charlottetown at Colonel Gray High School.
- Acadia University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Wednesday, November 19, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Dalhousie University will have an information session for Grade 12 students on Wednesday, November 26, at 11:45 in the Library conference room. Please sign-up in Student Services if you are interested in attending the session.
- Men’s Basketball Tryouts continue today. Schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, November 5: 11:45am – Registration and Information Session…..Meet outside the public gym entrance by the trophy case.
- Wednesday, November 5: 3:45 to 6:00pm Tryout 2
- Wednesday, November 5: 6:30 to 6:45pm – Introductions and Player Expectations Meeting for PARENTS and GUARDIANS
- Thursday, November 6: 3:30 to 5:30pm – Tryout 3 – Team Selections (“cuts”) to follow.
- The rest of the week’s schedule will be explained at the first session.
- All interested students are encouraged to attend, you MUST attend the tryouts in order to be eligible to make this year’s team.
- ALL Baseball, Field Hockey, Soccer, and Volleyball uniforms must be returned to Ms. Nabuurs this week. Students can give them directly to Ms. Nabuurs or can leave them in her mailbox.
- Dodgeball Action Today: Crash Test Dummies play the Staff Hawks. Next game is Thursday when Dodge the Bounty Hunter takes on Team Switzerland.
- The following students have outstanding athletic fees. Payment due to Ms. Nabuurs or the main office immediately:
- Men’s Soccer: Matthew Quinn, Milo Ryan
- Women’s Field Hockey: Chloe Chapman, Bethany MacKenzie
- Men’s Volleyball: Patrick Walsh, Jake Banks
- Men’s Baseball: Colin MacIntyre, Dean Hicken, Max Morrison
- Golf: Maria Ferguson
- Cross Country: William Henbest, Patrick Walsh, Donavan Bears, Amanda Gormley, Sarah Christensen
- Powerlifting: Anthony McGuigan, Morganne Rice, John Ross Young, Jasmine Knight, Breanna Ching
- Are you looking for a way to get volunteer hours or make some money? Volunteers are needed for score keeping for home basketball games. Students are compensated by volunteer hours or $10 per game. Any students interested are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- The moment you have all been waiting for has finally arrived!! Auditions for MRHS’s production of the musical, Footloose, will be held on Thursday and Friday, November 13 and 14 after school and a dance call back on Monday, November 17 from 3:15-4:15. All students who are auditioning should prepare a monologue and a song. A sign-up sheet is posted outside the music room at MRHS.
- Students are reminded that items left in the Lost and Found box will be washed and donated after Thursday, November 6. If you are missing any items, please check this box.
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 from November 5 to 14, during lunch break. They will also be available at Parent Teacher Interviews.
- Any students looking to freshen up their research skills should visit Mrs. Killeen in the Library during Parent Teacher Interviews on Thursday between 6:00 and 8:00pm and Friday between 9:00am and 12 noon. We can review Koho, Ebsco, and Britannica Encyclopedia. If you will be at the school with parents or guardians, please stop by and see Mrs. Killeen for help.
- Students are encouraged to check out the following website for into on poster and literary contests offered through The Canadian Legion. Here’s your chance to win a trip for two to Ottawa for the National Remembrance day Ceremony on Nov 11! See Mrs. Killeen for more details, registration forms and brochures. http://www.legion.ca/youth/contests/ Deadline for entries is Friday, November 7.
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Thursday, November 6. See Mrs. Killeen for more details. Parents and community members will have an opportunity to fill one out Thursday evening, November 6, at Parent-Teacher interviews.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee. Payment may be made at the main office.
- UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison-Ryan, are working out of Room 220 (Teacher Prep Room beside Staff Room). Have a Question? Concern? Issue? Need to chat? Come see them in Room #202 and ask for Jenn and Tash or email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club is available every day in Learning Centre B from 12:00-12:20.
- Wrestling practice from 4:00 to 5:30 at Montague Consolidated School every Monday and Wednesday.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.